Chapter 39 - Exposed, Part 2

"Put him in as the Second Batch's first test subject."

"But sir, he's..... he's one of the best..... he could do well."

"He lacks what is necessary to be perfect. He is too emotional."

"Is he not worth giving a chance?"

"He has already wasted the chance given to him. I will decide whether he deserves to stay in the East Wing or not."

"R-right. So..... do I send him over to the West Wing?"

"Yes. Put him under chief supervision. Continue to monitor vitals. If he succeeds, he will be the first ever."

"This might be a last ditch effort from my side, but..... the boy is only 3."

"The earlier, the better. We need to know if it works."

"..... I understand. I'll transfer him to the West Wing."

The butler held the young boy's small hands, and walked him out of the corridor.

________________________________________________________________________________

(The Sports Festival; Ayanokoji, Kiyotaka POV):

The Sun was slowly beginning to set. The sky was painted in an orange hue, and the wind was warm.

I made my way over to the school front gate, where I was asked to meet.

The purple haired girl was already there, waiting for me. She beckoned to me.

"Why did you call me here?" I asked.

"..... did you inform Takeyama? I could not find him after the Festival. He is supposed to be here as well."

"I've messaged him to come. I asked him to meet at the school gates as 5pm. There's still 5 minutes left."

"We shall wait another 5 minutes then," she said crisply.

"I suppose so. What is the reason that you called me here?" I asked.

"You will get to know soon enough. I'm just a middleman. I have nothing to speak to you about."

My poor teenage heart took damage.

We continued to wait in silence. Soon, the silhouette of a young man appeared in the sunset, and he walked over to my position.

"You called me here?" Takeyama asked the girl.

"Yes. Please follow me."

Saying so, the girl took off towards the school, and the 2 of us followed her from behind.

"Where are we going?"

"To the special building."

"Special Building.....?"

I suppressed my curiosity, and so did Takeyama. We walked over to the building and entered.

We climbed up to the 2nd floor. This floor brought back memories of Sudo's case. I was again reminded of the fact that there are no cameras present on this floor.

We turned to enter the corridor.

"Wait here."

Saying so, the girl walked out of the corridor, and stopped behind the wall.

"..... done well, Masumi-san. Thank you. I may need your assistance later on."

".....sure," the girl named Masumi replied, and she disappeared down the stairs.