Catching feelings

You look up from your phone and look at Kat and say "yeah what is it Kat?". She looks at you and you could tell she was really serious about what she was about to say to you. She tells you "I see the way Colby looks at you and acts when he's around you, I haven't seen him look at a girl since his ex-girlfriend was around, he really likes you y/n". As your in shock after hearing what Kat just said to you, you really didn't know what to say to her.

You say to Kat "what happened to Colby's ex-girlfriend?". It seemed like Kat was sad. She starts to look like she was about to start crying. You could tell she was broken. She said "she passed away in her sleep 2 years ago, no one knew why not even the doctors, I remember the day just as if it was yesterday, me, Sam, and Colby rushed her to the hospital since she wasn't waking up, and then the doctors told us she passed away". You hug Kat as she had almost tears in her eyes. You were sad for Colby. You felt all the brokenness take over you as you were hugging Kat. Then Kat gets up from the couch and tells you "goodnight y/n I had so much fun with you and Sasha today" and you say goodnight back while smiling.

(FYI // this is not real and didn't actually happen, and all through the story basically. these descriptions are just for the story matters and entertainment)

You get to Colby's room and you see Sasha asleep on the air mattress with her phone in her hand still charging. You take her phone out of her hand and set it on the table and cover her up more. You get in bed and hear Colby open the bathroom door getting out from his shower. He then says "enjoy your sleep in my bed tonight" while hitting me with a pillow jokingly. You laugh and say "it's so comfy, better then my bed at home". He rolls his eyes and smiles. "Goodnight y/n". You say goodnight back and smile.You noticed that he didn't have a shirt on as you watched him leave the room.

It stays silent for a second and you hear the crickets chirping from the open window. A breeze blew in. It got really cold in the room. You couldn't sleep to save your life. You tried so hard to close your eyes and sleep but your mouth felt dry like you needed water. You forgot about it and went to sleep for 20 mins and then woke up again. " alright I need water" you said to yourself quietly. You got up from the bed and quietly walked downstairs to the kitchen to get some water. When you got to the kitchen you can see Colby's phone light from the living room. You knew Colby was awake on his phone. Colby says "still awake?" To you while you looked in the fridge for water. You then said "yeah I was thirsty sorry for bothering you down here". Colby nodded his head and said "no your fine I can't sleep either, I usually can never fall asleep most night I have trouble". You didn't say anything and sat at the edge of the couch drinking your water with your phone scrolling through Snapchat's

You noticed Colby turned his phone off and it went dark on his end of the couch. You could feel him staring at your while you were in your phone. You turned your phone off too and took a sip of your water in the dark. You could ever do slightly see his face from the moonlight lighting it up from the window. You looked down and said "I'm sorry for what happened to you girlfriend". Colby says quietly back "how do you know about that?". "Kat told me what happened and how much it hurt you". Colby then gets up and sits up next to you looking at you. He then says " I still miss her everyday, but the past is in the past I don't let that hurt me anymore". You and Colby stare into each other's eyes facing each other still. you softly grab onto his hand and smile at him. He smiles back at you and then he lays back down looking at you. You get up from the couch and say "it's past your bedtime now" while joking. He laughs and says "yes mother" you both laugh and you walk back upstairs to Colby's room. You know you truly have feelings for Colby now. You let your mind drift away in thoughts of Colby. You close your eyes with a smile and fall asleep in Colby's bed.

(In the morning)
It was 6:30 am in the morning and you open your eyes so slightly and see the sun beaming into the room. You go downstairs and see Kat and Sasha. Kat and Sasha look up from eating and say "morning y/n", you say it back and pick up the cereal box and pour you some also. You begin eating while on your phone. Kat starts going telling Sasha how cute you and Colby have been looking together while walking and things. Sasha of course agrees and they go on about you and Colby you ignore them.

Just then Sam walks into the kitchen saying "good morning everyone, where's Colby?". Kat answers and says "sleeping still like usual still". Sam then says "I thought so" while looking into the living room and Colby. You laugh and then Colby walks in the kitchen without and shirt rubbing his eyes saying "are you guys talking about my sleep schedule". Everyone looks at him and starts laughing. Sam and Colby go and get cereal and starts eating with the three of us. Colby's hair was messy and you couldn't stop looking at him while he was shirtless.

Colby noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt and gets up and says "sorry guys forgot I wasn't wearing a shirt for a second", and walks back into his room to go get one on. Sam looks and the three of us eating and says "how do you forget to put a shirt on" quietly so Colby doesn't hear. Everyone started laughing.

Sasha reminded me that we had to leave LA tomorrow and today was basically our last day. You look at the ground and say "I love LA I don't wanna go back home" while complaining. You get up to go to Colby's room change out of your pajamas. You open the door to see Colby putting a shirt on. You walk over to your bag grabbing your clothes out from it and turn around and Colby is behind you walking towards you so that your back leans up against the wall. He puts his one hand up on the wall and stares at you. You look into his eyes and suddenly he says "so your leaving tomorrow". You answer confusingly "yeah" while looking him up and down. Colby takes his hand off the wall and goes back to what he was doing and says "I heard you guys talking about it in the kitchen just now".

You walk into the bathroom to go get changed and you can't believe what had just happened. You knew Colby was just joking when he walked towards you and you hit your back into the wall, but you thought it was so hot just making you want more of him. You kept making fake scenarios in your head, for example, making out with Colby at that very moment and wanting Colby to do things to you. You everything to do with him.