prologue. secrets and trauma

THE PROLOGUE
secrets and trauma

NOAH KITZLER WASN'T SO PERFECT AS HE SEEMED TO BE

NOAH KITZLER WASN'T SO PERFECT AS HE SEEMED TO BE. He always thought that he was a monster, from his point of view, at least.

Just like his mother, he was born a mutant. He had the power to control and manipulate electricity and people's energy, along with some minor abilities, like heightened senses and strength.

Although, he grew up like a normal kid, learned to somehow control his powers along the way, also tending to hide his abilities from everyone else unless they were family.

He didn't like to think that he was different than most people, in some ways. So, he escaped from his thoughts with music, playing guitar and singing to be specific, aspiring to become a songwriter once he was out of high school.

Aside from being a mutant and his high interest in music, he was raised in New York with his family, even though he was born in Germany.

His father wasn't a mutant. He owned a small corner shop in the city of New York, which was all revolved around gardening. He was probably the sweetest man you could ever meet.

His mother, on the other hand, was a mutant. She was an extremely tough woman. She worked constantly, never able to spend time with her family. She was some kind of agent or spy, meaning that she always went out on missions to fight people with her powers.

Nobody exactly knew how such a kind man and such an aggressive woman could fall in love. But, it somehow worked.

Noah also had an older brother, who was six years older. He was called Hugo. He wasn't a mutant either. He was similar to his father in many ways, also dreaming to continue on with the family tradition, owning a small gardening shop.

Even though the family of four held deep secrets with each other, they truly loved each other no matter what would happen in the future.

Not only did the family hold dark secrets, but they also held a dark past.

When Noah was the ripe age of ten, him and Hugo had returned home one day after spending the whole entire day with each other.

But, they didn't quite expect to walk in on their parents being murdered by unknown figures, who didn't reveal themselves whatsoever.

They both figured that these killers had something to do with their mother's job. They were both just so distraught, cried almost everyday. They had no idea on how to cope with their parents sudden death. They felt like nothing.

Hugo tended to cope by continuing on with his fathers gardening shop, also raising Noah on the side. He somehow learned to be happy again after a few good years.

He also had sent Noah to self defence classes, anxious and afraid that those killers would return once again.

Noah, on the other hand, began to cope as he grew older. He continued doing music, of course. But, he acted much more nasty and aggressive towards others. He just changed completely.

Once he was around fourteen years old, he decided to cope in another way, too. He decided to use his abilities even more, wanting to make his mother proud.

He ended up creating a second identity for himself. He wanted to go after people he didn't exactly like with his new identity, specifically going after people who were similar to those murderers.

He kept this identity of his an entire secret, not even naming it. He bought a whole entire costume for it too, which was just regular-looking blue and black coloured clothes, along with a mask.

He didn't entirely plan on this, but Hugo soon found out, surprisingly not having the most dramatic reaction ever.

But, even with so much trauma, the two brothers still loved and cared for each other so much, no matter what.

AUTHORS NOTE — not exactly sure how i feel about this chapter but i'm just so tempted to post the first chapter of this fic omg