lxi. five minutes

CHAPTER LXI
five minutes

PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC — 2024

AFTER CHANGING BACK INTO HIS OPERA CLOTHING, Noah had decided to head back to the hotel.

He was currently walking throughout the silent hallways of the hotel, making his way towards his hotel room.

He was still distraught from what Nick had told him back there. His cheeks were stained red from crying, cuts and bruises all over his face from fighting the elemental.

He eventually reached the door of his hotel room, prepared to just go in there and cry it all out into a pillow.

But, before he could even open the door, he was interrupted by a familiar voice that was heard from behind.

"Noah!"

Those words made Noah stop within his tracks and pause what he was doing altogether. He whipped his head around, not quite expecting to see who was standing there.

It was Peter. He stood there, wearing the same clothes he was wearing at the opera earlier. He seemed to be quite anxious, actually.

"Hey,"

"Uhm, hey."

"Are you doing okay?" Peter asked.

"I almost broke my leg and Fury just yelled at me." Noah would reply. "But, yeah, I'm doing okay."

As he spoke, he pressed his lips into a thin line. It was clearly obvious that he was still hurt by what had happened and was trying to hide it.

Peter knew that Noah was hiding his sadness. He quietly sighed underneath his breath. He just wanted Noah to express his feelings and be okay. Not hide.

"Do, uh- Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Like it matters." Noah huffed.

"Noah, of course it matters. I'm really not ready for this trip to be over yet and I wanted to do something fun with you that's not on the itinerary or planned."

Noah was hesitant once again. But, he finally accepted the offer. He just figured that it would be best for him to spend some time alone with Peter and away from everybody else.

He glanced to the side, his lips uncontrollably tugging into a small smile as he slowly nodded his head

"I- Fine." He uttered out.

Peter's face lit up at that response. He smiled warmly, his teeth slightly visible. He nodded his head slowly, inhaling in a deep breath.

"Wow. Uhm, okay. Great." He breathed. "Uh, Meet me outside in ten minutes."

"Five minutes." Noah quickly switched up.

As he spoke, he tilted his head to the side as he looked at Peter with a slight but cheeky smile.

Peter pouted. He slightly nodded his head once again, slightly tilting his head to the side.

"Five is good."

"Right. I'll see you in five, then."

And with those words, Peter rushed off, eager to get ready before those five minutes were up.