lxv. not real

CHAPTER LXV
not real

LONDON, ENGLAND — 2024

WHILST ON THE CITY TOUR, the sound of thunder rumbling was faintly heard within the grey skies.

Both Ned and Noah were standing at the front of the bus, on the second level. They were leaning against the barriers, gazing at the city view before them.

"I don't like this." Noah uttered. "Something is definitely wrong."

Unlike Noah, Ned seemed to be hyped up about the entire situation for whatever reason. He glared over at Noah, his expression calm and unbothered.

"Listen, you have to remember, just stay calm." He told.

Noah exhaled deeply, gently running his fingers throughout his dark brown hair. He was growing more and more anxious by the minute, especially as he hadn't even been in contact with Peter for hours and he also found the bus driver awfully suspicious.

Then, all of a sudden, thunder crashed within the distance once again, the sound louder than beforehand and the wind intensifying.

Noah and Ned both flinched, both of them quick to glance around the place in order to see where the thunder was coming from.

Enormous and darkened clouds were spotted within the white skies, thunder loudly and continuously crashing every now and then.

"It looks like it's time to stress out even more." Noah nervously laughed. "After this, I'm just gonna go to sleep and hope that I never wake up."

"But, Noah, it's fake." Ned spoke. "There's nothing to stress out about."

"It can still harm people."

Each time the wind intensified and grew more out of hand, the more worried everybody grew.

Noah watched as the clouds grew even larger, the thunder becoming more frightening. He really was worried now, even though all of this was just illusions.

He figured that it was best to get out of this bus to try and do something that could actually help the situation, like getting his classmates out of this bus before they could get hurt.

Mr. Harrington had already rushed down to the bus driver out of panic, unsure on what to do about the situation altogether. But, once he came back up, he seemed extremely stressed out and worried.

"What did the bus driver say?!" Mr. Dell asked.

"The bus driver is gone!"

Those words just made everybody panic even more, the situation now completely out of hand.

"It's okay!" Mr. Harrington assured. "Mr. Dell and I have it under control!"

"No, no, no!" Mr. Dell yelled. "Don't drag me into this!"

"I'm doing my best, Julius!"

As the duo argued more and more, the more the storm seemed to get worser, the streets now completely filled up with stopped cars and fleeing people.

"Oh, the witches are back!" Mr. Dell warned.

Everybody turned around at that comment, only to see that some of the water below was beginning to splash and flood into the bus.

"Oh my god! Get off the bus!"

And with those words, the entire class began to speed off the bus without any hesitation whatsoever, also screaming in panic along the way.

Once the group found themselves standing outside of the bus, now on the bridge, they saw that they were surrounded by tons of vehicles.

"Okay, follow me, kids!"

The group of teenagers began to follow Mr. Harrington once again, each and every one of them eager to get off the bridge, not wanting to get hurt.

As they ran, more water flooded onto the bridge, lightning striking at the ground every once in a while.

A lightning bolt hit the ground, specifically striking the bus and blowing it up. Thank god they had decided to get out of there just in perfect timing.

"This way!" Mr. Harrington told. "This way!"

Still, the class continued to run away as fast as they possibly could.

"It's not real!" Ned panicked. "It's not real!"

After running for a while and finally getting back onto some land, the class stopped by the water, leaning against the barriers to take a good look at the storm, which had emerged into an elemental by now.

Noah was unsure as to how he was going to protect his classmates from this thing. He knew it was fake, but it was terrifying. It just looked so real.

"Earth, wind, fire, water. Oh no." Mr. Dell commented. "They joined forces like the Power Rangers."

"You're thinking of Voltron." Mr. Harrington would correct.

"Who?"

"Voltron!" Mr. Harrington repeated himself. "You're thinking of Voltron!"

The argument was quickly thrown aside once Mysterio, who was completely fake, flew into the picture.

Brad, along with some other students, seemed to grow excited at the sight. He pointed into the air, his eyes widened in pure awe.

"Hey, look!" He alerted. "It's Mysterio!"

As most of the class cheered whilst the fake Mysterio attacked the enormous elemental, Noah just stared at the scene in sheer disappointment.

He clenched his jaw ever so slightly, gently crossing his arms over his chest. He leaned in much closer to Ned, nudging his shoulder a little.

"You know, if Mysterio knows, we know." He uttered.

Ned glared over at Noah, his features now extremely tense. His brown eyes widened, his movement was stiff out of worry and panic.

"Then, we're in danger."

"Mhm." Noah mumbled. "And, so are they."

With the two teenagers stunned with panic, the others just admired the scene, clearly not knowing that it was all fake.

"We should go," Noah suggested.

And with those words, the duo bolted off, eager to get away from the scene altogether.

Michelle, Flash and Betty had quickly noticed the duo rushing off. They all seemed like they wanted to flee from the situation, too. So, they followed the two without any hesitation.