xxxvi. avengers

CHAPTER XXXVI
avengers

"THIS SHIP IS SELF-CORRECTING IT'S COURSE

"THIS SHIP IS SELF-CORRECTING IT'S COURSE." Tony explained. "The things on autopilot."

As he spoke, everybody began to pace around the entire cockpit of the donut-shaped spaceship. Their anxiety was beginning to slowly increase as each second passed by.

"Can we control it?" Stephen asked. "Fly us home?"

Tony continued wandering around. He glanced over at Stephen for a moment, but didn't respond to his question. He simply looked the other way.

"Stark?" Fiona cleared her throat.

Tony stopped wandering around. He nodded his head rapidly. He faced Stephen and Fiona, who had halted within their tracks as well.

"Yeah?"

"Can you get us home?" Stephen firmly repeated himself.

"Yeah, I heard you." Tony murmured. "I'm thinking I'm not so sure we should."

"Under no circumstances can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos." Stephen explained. "I don't think you quite understand what's at stake here."

The two teenagers still wandering around with each other, the three adults continued bickering against each other, as if it was a competition or something.

Tony began to approach the magical siblings. He was beginning to get stressed out and enraged, just wanting them to listen to what he wanted to do.

"What? No. It's you who doesn't understand that Thanos has been inside of my head for six years since he sent an army to New York and now he's back."

Both Peter and Noah stopped pacing around at those words. They glanced over at the three adults, feeling even more panicked by their arguing.

"And I don't know what to do. So, I'm not so sure if it's a better plan to light him on our turf or his." Tony continued on. "But, you saw what they did, what they can do. At least on his turf, he's not expecting it."

Each person in that room was stunned by Tony's intimidating words. They honestly wanted to help him get rid of Thanos, but they also just wanted to return to their homes.

"So, I say we take the fight to him." Tony suggested. "Wizards, do you concur?"

The two siblings just looked over at each other for a moment. They were hesitant on fighting against Thanos, just incase he was able to get his hands on the Time Stone. But, they finally agreed.

"Alright, Stark. We go to him." Stephen agreed. "But, you have to understand, if it comes to saving you or Fiona or the kids or the Time Stone, I will not hesitate to let any of you die."

Noah didn't want to die or almost die. Not again. His breath hitched out of panic, he glanced to the side, his sea green eyes widened out of fear.

Peter saw how panicked Noah was. He wanted to comfort Noah with a hug so badly. But, instead, he just placed his hand onto Noah's shoulder, giving him an assuring smile.

"I can't." Stephen continued. "Because, the universe depends on it."

"Nice." Tony said. "Good, moral compass."

As he spoke, he gently placed his hands onto Stephen and Fiona's shoulder, giving them a few encouraging and reassuring pats on the shoulder.

"We're straight."

And with those words, Tony turned around. He began to stumble towards the two teenage boys. He halted right in front of them both.

"Alright, kids."

He pressed his lips into a thin line, glancing between them. He then placed his hands onto their shoulders, giving them both shoulder pats as he already had done with Fiona and Stephen only moments ago.

"You're Avengers, now."

Peter watched Tony just strut away, stunned by what he had just been told. He nervously smiled, attempting to hide his excitement as he glanced over at Noah to see how he had reacted.

Noah, on the other hand, wore a shit-eating grin on his face. He was way too proud. He could feel Peter's eyes on him, looking over to make eye contact.

The two teenagers immediately became flustered once they had both made eye contact. They looked away, their cheeks flushed into a pinky hue.