xxvii. sorry

CHAPTER XXVII
sorry

NEW YORK, USA — 2017

ONCE NOAH AND NED WERE KICKED OUT OF THE COMPUTER LAB, they had been searching absolutely everywhere for Peter, their driver being Hugo, of course.

But, eventually enough, they came across a pier where a familiar figure stood. It was Peter, who seemed to be covered in blood, cuts and bruises.

Before Hugo could even stop the car altogether, Noah had briskly placed his hand onto the handle of the car door. He instantly forced the door open, slamming it shut behind himself.

He couldn't even think straight. He was so happy to see Peter again. He thought Peter had died or something. He thought that he had lost Peter forever.

He stood completely still for a few moments, his face etched with thankfulness. His lips separated, he just gave himself a couple of seconds before running towards Peter.

Then, eventually enough, he rushed towards Peter, his steps slightly wonky. But, he didn't care. The only thing he cared about was seeing Peter's face again and that was it. He blinked rapidly for a few moments, now standing right behind Peter.

"Peter?" He shuddered.

And with those panicked words, Peter whipped his head around, only to see a familiar tall boy standing before him. His chocolate brown eyes slightly widened, he just stared at Noah for a few moments.

"Noah?"

Noah almost immediately threw his arms around Peter's body, finally embracing him into the tightest yet most comforting hug possible.

Peter was stunned for a moment or two. He didn't quite know how to react. But, he eventually wrapped his arms around Noah, all of the stress within him suddenly fading away.

"Are you okay?" Noah asked.

As he spoke, he pulled back from the hug, still standing close to Peter. He raised his hands, now cupping Peter's face within his hands. He admired Peter's features, his lips tugging into a small smile.

Peter seemed to be flustered. His face was completely red, as it usually was when he was within Noah's presence. He blinked rapidly for a few seconds, his brown eyes meeting Noah's green ones.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine."

"I kind of thought that I lost you back there and I- I kind of freaked out." Noah rushed his words out. "I really care about you, so I was obviously worried and-"

Peter nervously laughed at that explanation, his lips tugging into a bright smile, his teeth showing. He nodded his head in reassurance, finding it so adorable that Noah had cared about him that much.

"Noah, please." He assured. "I'm okay."

Noah finally paused after hearing those reassuring words. He inhaled in a deep breath, his lips still curled into a slight smile as he continued to admire the brunet before him.

"I- I'm sorry." He stammered. "I was just kind of overwhelmed."

"Don't be sorry."

As the two teenagers shared sweet smiles, still holding each other in their arms, somebody had decided to approach them from behind, their footsteps being heard.

"Sorry to interrupt you guys, but, uh-"

Peter peered over Noah's shoulder, his chocolate brown eyes slightly widening in embarrassment once he saw who was standing right there.

Noah whipped his head around, only to see Ned. His face etched with slightly embarrassment, he took a few brisk steps backwards from Peter, pulling his hands away from his face.

Ned pursed his lips, awkwardly staring at the duo. He then nodded, letting out a concerned breath as he began to speak, breaking the silence.

"You know, I'm not really gonna ask what you guys were even doing there." He commented.

Both Peter and Noah began to laugh at such a comment, causing Ned to also chuckle along, each of them now not bothered by the situation which had just happened beforehand.

Once the laughter had calmed down, Peter glanced between his two friends. He gave them a friendly smile, his nose slightly crinkled as he did so.

"I probably wouldn't be here if you guys didn't help me." He stated. "So, thanks."

AUTHORS NOTE — oml i forgot to say this earlier but thank you guys for so many reads on this fic, it means a lot <3