lxxv. not by choice

CHAPTER LXXV
not by choice

CHAPTER LXXVnot by choice

NEW YORK, USA — 2024

AFTER MAY HAD SUGGESTED TO FIND A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE, herself, Peter and Noah had found themselves standing inside of Happy's apartment, alongside with Hugo.

Happy's apartment was quite bland and spacious to say the least. It had no colour and looked very modern-looking. But, it didn't really matter as it was only going to be a temporary home for the three.

As May rushed to turn the beeping alarms off, Noah glanced around the entire apartment, giving a slight nod of hesitant approval.

Only moments later, Happy panted as he leaned against the doorframe that led into his apartment. He held a small plant pot in his hand, a bag in the other.

"Welcome to the spiritual oasis!" He welcomed. "You like Donkey Kong Jr.?"

"Spiritual oasis, my ass." Noah whispered.

"Excuse me?" Happy uttered. "This is much better than being harassed by random people."

Noah rolled his sea green eyes to the sky, a small frown planted on his lips. He shook his head from side-to-side as May and Peter went to settle down their bags, Happy helping them.

With Noah standing by the front door, Hugo had finally made his way into the apartment as well. He approached Noah, placing some bags by his side with an assuring smile.

"Hey, don't worry. You won't be in here for too long." He attempted to comfort Noah. "Besides, if you need anything, just call me anytime."

Noah looked to the side with a sarcastic smile. He then slightly nodded his head in response, his bags still in hand.

"Very sweet,"

"Mhm." Hugo snickered. "I'll call you soon."

And with those words, he turned around and left the apartment, closing the front door behind himself.

Noah then wandered towards the other three, a soft sigh escaping from his lips. As he approached the group, they were all discussing random things, more specifically where they would all be sleeping for now.

"Okay, May, first bedroom you see upstairs." Happy told. "And Peter, you're on the couch."

Once finding out where she was going to be sleeping for the next few nights, May excused herself to unpack her bags upstairs in her temporary bedroom.

Noah scrunched his nose up ever so slightly, his eyebrows furrowing a little as he glared at Happy, waving his hands right in front of his face.

"Am I invisible?" He muttered. "What about me?"

Happy turned around to face Noah, giving him a very salty smile as he pointed at the couch, which was sat nearby in the living room.

"Yeah, uh, you're sleeping on the couch with Peter." He stated. "I got my eye on you two though, you gotta keep it kid-friendly in here."