li. elementals

CHAPTER LI
elementals

VENICE, ITALY — 2024

SLOWLY, the futuristic canal glided along the waters of Venice, the streets being illuminated by eery and flickering streetlights.

Peter had brought his suit on the trip, as stated earlier. He was currently wearing his blue and red suit, the first ever suit that Tony had given him.

Noah, on the other hand, didn't think to take his suit as he had taken a step back from superhero stuff, especially after Tony's death. So, he was just wearing regular clothes, knowing that he probably wouldn't be seen by anybody with Spider-Man and Nick Fury at this time of night.

"Stark left these for you, Parker." Nick told.

"Really?"

Slowly, Nick handed a small box over to Peter. He then continued to steer the modern-looking canal to the secretive destination they were supposed to be going to.

Peter took the wooden case. He admired it for a few moments, finally opening it. He saw that some glasses, similar to the ones that Tony used to wear, was sat inside of the box.

Noah was sat at the back of the boat. He was listening to the conversation Peter and Nick were having, admiring the water below as it streamed on by.

"'Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown'." Nick spoke. "Stark said you wouldn't get that because it's not a Star Wars reference."

Eventually enough, the futuristic canal had stopped inside of an echoey cave, the water slightly illuminating the eery place altogether.

One by one, the trio hopped out of the small boat. They emerged from the cave, quickly finding themselves inside of a random building.

Noah didn't know if anybody else was also in this place. So, he covered his face with his hands, stumbling over pieces of rubble as he wasn't able to really see.

"You can lose the mask." Nick told the duo. "Everyone here has seen you both without it."

Those words made Noah gently remove his hands from his face. He was honestly quite relieved that he didn't need to cover his face with his hands in this place, especially as hands weren't the most coverable mask ever.

"You'd only be feigning anonymity and breathing through a pair of hands and spandex for no good reason."

Peter also removed his mask, which wasn't a pair of hands. He quietly gasped for some fresh air as he took the mask off, stopping within his tracks for a few moments.

"Come on." Nick told.

And with those words, Peter began to follow Noah and Nick once again, his dark brown curls an unruly mess.