xxix. denied

CHAPTER XXIX
denied

NEW YORK, USA — 2017

ONCE HAPPY HAD DRIVEN TO THE NEW AVENGERS FACILITY, the two teenagers had found themselves both racing into the brand new building out of sheer excitement.

But, Peter had won that race just at the last second, though. He was putting it all in Noah's face that he had won, completely raging with happiness.

Noah was slightly irritated that Peter had won. But, he didn't care. He genuinely just wanted to see Peter's smile and joyful expression. That was all.

Currently though, Noah, Peter and Happy were stood by an enormous glass window. They were watching some kind of futuristic jet take off on the runway.

Once the usual aeroplane had taken off, the group of three turned around to face each other. Happy just shrugged at them, giving them a friendly smile.

"You don't see that everyday." He said.

"Oh, there they are!"

The three then glanced behind themselves, only to see the one and only Tony Stark approaching them with pure confidence. He halted in front of them only moments later.

"How was the ride up?" He asked.

"Good." Happy responded.

"Give me a minute with the kids."

Both Happy and Tony just stared at each other for an uncomfortably long amount of time, causing the two teenagers to just glance at each other in confusion.

"Seriously?" Happy asked.

"Yeah." Tony replied. "I gotta talk to the kids."

"I'll be close behind." Happy assured.

"How about a loose follow? Alright? Boundaries are good."

And with those demanding words, Tony had approached the two teenage boys. He gently patted them both on the shoulders, gesturing for them to walk alongside him.

"Sorry I took your suit, Pete. I mean, you had it coming. Actually, it turns out it was the perfect tough-love moment that you needed." Tony said, referring to Peter. "To urge you on, right? Wouldn't you think? Don't you think?"

"I guess." Peter mumbled.

"Let's just say it was."

As the three continued to walk throughout the extremely unfamiliar facility, Tony exhaled deeply underneath his breath, looking ahead of himself.

"Mr. Stark, I really-"

"You screwed the pooch hard, big time." Tony interrupted. "Oh, and you, Germany. You just decided to throw your snarky comments at me once I told you not to steal anymore cars."