xl. ashes and dust

CHAPTER XL
ashes and dust

CHAPTER XLashes and dust

TITAN — 2018

NOAH WOKE UP, still feeling ill, but not as much as he was beforehand. He widened his sea green eyes in confusion, his breath extremely shaky as he heard tons of booming noises going on around himself.

He glanced up, his muscles and limbs aching with pain. He found himself being held by Peter, hidden away behind a piece of rubble.

Peter's face was etched with worry, his mask not equipped. He just held Noah within his arms tightly, not wanting anything to happen to him whatsoever.

"W-What happened?" Noah whispered.

"Noah? Thank god, you're alive." Peter breathed in panic. "Well, uh, you kind of passed out and the others are fighting the big purple guy now and-"

"Don't worry, Peter."

Noah tilted his head to the side, slightly peering over Peter's shoulder. He got a glimpse of Tony and Fiona battling against the mad Titan, Thanos.

His jaw almost dropped to the ground once Thanos had finally tossed Fiona miles away. Then, he witnessed Thanos impaling Tony with some kind of weapon.

Unlike Noah, Peter hadn't even acknowledged the whole entire incident just yet. He just wanted to hold Noah in his arms forever, feeling like this was his last chance to do so.

Noah's head resting on Peter's shoulder, his expression grew panicked and devastated. His sea green eyes widened and his eyebrows furrowed, he could feel tears beginning to blur his vision up.

Tony was being guided to a piece of rubble by Thanos. He was panting in shock and pain, sitting down on the pile of rocks as Thanos placed his hand onto his head.

"You have my respect, Stark." Thanos told. "When I'm done, half of humanity will still be alive."

And with those words, he let go of Tony. He allowed him to just sit there and struggle in pain. He didn't even care.

"I hope they remember you."

Thanos then held up the infinity gauntlet, pointing it right in Tony's direction. He wore an emotionless expression upon his face, beginning to activate all of the stones he had collected.

"Stop!"

Thanos paused, his gaze falling upon Stephen, who had just gotten up from falling. He looked over at the Titan, blood pouring from his forehead.

"Spare his life and I will give you the stone."

"No tricks." Thanos demanded.

Seeing that Stephen was unsure, Thanos pointed the almost activated stones towards him, prepared to end his life at any given moment.