lxvii. kiss me already

CHAPTER LXVII
kiss me already

CHAPTER LXVIIkiss me already

LONDON, ENGLAND — 2024

AFTER GETTING OUT OF THE VAULT, Noah had been searching around for Peter for a long while now, not being able to find him at all.

But, once he stepped foot onto the iconic bridge, he noticed a familiar face standing within the distance.

It was Peter. He was limping, latching onto his side as he walked. He seemed to be extremely injured, blood trickling down his face, cuts engraved into his body and his suit damaged.

Noah stopped for a moment or two, stunned. He just couldn't believe that this mess was all over and that he could actually see Peter again.

He continued on after being completely frozen in place for a moment. He approached the injured spiderling, his face etched with worry after noticing his injuries.

"Noah,"

Without a single utter, Noah tossed his arms around Peter's body once he was close enough, tightly pulling him into a comforting embrace.

He didn't want to let go. He didn't. He was too afraid that he wouldn't be able to see Peter ever again.

Peter accepted the hug, gently wrapping his arms around Noah as well. His breath sounding heavy and shaky, he also seemed like he didn't want to let go.

"I- Are you okay?" Noah asked.

"I'm okay." Peter assured. "Are you okay?"

"Mhm."

"Is everybody else okay?" Peter questioned.

"Yes." Noah told. "Everybody is okay."

The duo continued to hug each other for an extremely long amount of time, their grip tight and unbreakable.

"What happened?" Peter asked.

"The drones were trying to kill us and Happy tried to help us and we almost died and I thought you were dead and-"

"It's okay." Peter would comfort. "Calm down."

Noah felt at ease with those comforting words. He stuffed his face into the crook of Peter's neck, still embracing him tighter than ever.

He eventually pulled back from the hug, realising that he had been hugging Peter for maybe a little too long.

He tilted his head to the side ever so slightly, his features and shoulders still completely tensed up.

"Did you get him?" He asked, referring to Quentin.

Peter looked down for a moment, his expression suddenly emotionless and blank. He slowly nodded his head in response, his voice shaky as he spoke.