lxxii. federal agents

CHAPTER LXXII
federal agents

CHAPTER LXXIIfederal agents

NEW YORK, USA — 2024

FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS, all Noah had received was pure harassment. He couldn't even step outside without people asking him about Peter. He was a mess at the moment, not even sure what to do next.

He figured it was probably best to just mostly stay at home, a place where he was wasn't being harassed as often. But, it didn't entirely help. He still felt like utter shit.

As he hadn't left the house for days now, he figured it would maybe be best to go and visit Peter. Yeah, he had promised himself to stay home. But, he just needed to see Peter in order to make him feel much better about this situation.

So, currently, he was wandering throughout the streets of New York City, the night sky being lit up with twinkling stars.

Obviously, he was heading to Peter's apartment, seeing now as the best time to go outside since people weren't usually out at this time of night.

Sooner than later, Noah had reached Peter's apartment building. He decided that it would be best to climb up the fire escape, knowing that some people in the apartment building would probably end up asking about Peter a countless amount of times.

He began to climb up the tall fire escape of the apartment building, taking quite a while as he had to climb up a few floors.

Eventually enough, he reached the floor that Peter's apartment was on. He approached the window to Peter's bedroom, not even hesitating to just open the window.

He attempted to pull the slightly opened window up in order to slip right through, but it was quite stiff, causing him to struggle.

Peter, who was sat on his bed, glanced up at the noise of the window squeaking open. His attention now drawn towards Noah, he immediately forced himself off his bed, rushing towards his window.

He helped Noah pull the window open, not seeming to struggle a ton probably due to his heightened strength.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a whisper.

As he spoke, he allowed a breathy laugh to slip from his lips. His lips tugging into a crooked smile, as he gazed into Noah's green eyes in pure awe.

Noah leaned against the window-frame, leaning forwards ever so slightly. He then chuckled softly underneath his breath, his lips pulling into a warm smile.