ii. the witch and the archer

CHAPTER II
the witch and the archer

CHAPTER IIthe witch and the archer

NEW YORK, USA — 2016

AFTER A LITTLE CONVINCING, Noah had decided to have a little chat with the sketchy duo in a small coffee shop.

He had also found out what their names were. They were called Wanda Maximoff and Clint Barton. They claimed to be Avengers, which Noah didn't quite believe at first, but he kind of freaked out once they proved it to him.

He knew that they were here for him, for obvious reasons. But, he didn't know why. He was just confused.

Currently though, Noah was sat inside of a small coffee shop, obviously. He just stared out of the window, his head resting against the glass.

Wanda and Clint, on the other hand, were sat on the seats across from Noah. They awkwardly stared between the German and each other, unsure if they should break the weird silence or not.

"Why are you here?" Noah suddenly spoke. "For me?"

As he continued to look out of the reflective window, the duo glanced over at him, their attention quickly being caught.

Clint allowed a gentle sigh to escape from his lips, awkwardly looking down for a moment.

"We've seen you out there, kid-"

Noah interrupted by slumping into his chair aggressively. He threw his arms into the air, everybody in the coffee shop staring at him as if he was crazy.

As everybody looked, he noticed. He clenched his jaw, lowering his head out of embarrassment. He looked down, beginning to speak with his familiar yet sharp German accent.

"What do you mean you've seen me out there?" He muttered. "I don't even know you."

Clint just glared at the teenage boy before him, obviously offended. He didn't expect Noah to have such a temper on him.

Wanda stepped in. She shot a determined glare in Noah's direction, her sage green eyes squinting.

"You've got some attitude on you, don't you?" She hushed. "Let him speak, kid."

As Noah calmed down from his sudden aggression, Clint had suddenly decided to dig in his pockets for something. He pulled out his phone moments later, scrolling through it for a few seconds.

Noah just stared. He wasn't sure what Clint and Wanda had in store for him, but they for sure seemed eager about it.

Then, Clint tilted his phone onto it's side. He turned it around, showing Noah the lit-up screen.

Noah watched as the screen previewed a masked figure dressed in blacks and blues fighting some criminals in a small corner shop. It only took him to realise that figure was him. His secret identity.

As the video ended, he clenched his jaw ever so slightly. He placed an elbow onto the table, resting his head in his palm. He glanced down for a moment before looking at the duo.

"That's you." Clint said. "Isn't it?"

As he spoke, he gently pulled the phone away. He pressed a button on the side, making the screen flicker off.

Noah was hesitant. He didn't expect anybody else to find out about his secret identity but Hugo. He thought to himself for a few moments before nodding.

"Y-Yes."

"You're great." Wanda complimented. "Love the electricity."

"Oh, uh, thank you."

Wanda gave Noah a nod, her lips tugging into a slight but friendly smile. She leaned forwards in her seat, sipping on a coffee she had bought a while ago.

"She's right." Clint told. "You are great."

"I mean, you two are even better than me." Noah awkwardly laughed.

"Getting sidetracked with compliments, are we?" Wanda said.

As she smiled warmly, the other two glanced at her, letting out gentle but awkward laughs.

"Right. We need to get to the point." Clint murmured. "You, Noah. You were born to fight. That's exactly why we need you."

Noah narrowed his sea green eyes, pressing his lips into a thin line. He didn't see himself as a good fighter. He just saw himself as a musical guy with a secret identity. That was all.

"You need me for what?"

"Me, Maximoff and some of the other Avengers need your help, 'kay? We need you to fight a couple of mean guys. If they try fight us, that is."

Noah tilted his head to the side, nodding his head in response ever so slightly. He steadily leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I can fight mean guys." He murmured. "When and where?"

"Germany. Now." Wanda firmly responded.

Noah about screamed out of excitement once he heard the word 'Germany' slip from Wanda's lips.

He wanted to go back there so badly, as the only time he ever got to go was on vacation, which was every five years or so.

"Count me in."