i. very funny

CHAPTER I
very funny

NEW YORK, USA — 2016

"WHY DON'T YOU EVER HELP ME, kleiner?"

As Hugo worked his ass off, Noah was sat on the counters of the small gardening shop. He held his guitar in his hands, his fingers slowly strumming the strings as he leaned his back against the wall.

He fluttered his green eyes shut, continuing to strum the guitar. He steadily threw his head back, exhaling deeply underneath his breath.

"You can easily help yourself, Hugo." He responded.

Hugo seemed offended by such a response. He shot a glare in Noah's direction, sarcastically rolling his brown eyes to the sky.

"Very funny."

"I'm not trying to be funny-"

Before Noah could even finish his sentence off, Hugo's phone suddenly began to ring, interrupting the brotherly bickering between the duo.

Hugo began to dig into his pockets to search for his ringing phone, pulling it out only moments later. He accepted the call, placing the phone against his ear as he walked towards the back room of the shop.

"You better serve costumers whilst I answer this, Noah." He mouthed.

As Noah watched Hugo mouth those words at him whilst he walked out of the picture, he felt his lips tugging into the slightest smirk ever. He shook his head from side-to-side, still strumming the strings of the guitar gently.

All of a sudden, the door of the corner shop swung open, the small bell ringing in order to signal that somebody had just entered the shop.

Noah raised his head, immediately removing his hands from the guitar. He placed the guitar to the side before briskly hopping behind the counter.

He stood there, as if he wasn't doing anything beforehand. He leaned against the counters, his elbows placed on the countertop.

Slowly but surely, two unfamiliar figures approached the counters, where Noah was stood. They both wore sunglasses and hats, their faces almost covered.

One of the figures was a woman, who looked to be in her twenties or thirties. She had wavy auburn hair, which was almost ginger, along with pale skin.

The other figure was a man, seemed to be in either his thirties or forties. He had short brown hair. He adjusted the glasses he wore as he halted in front of the counter, the woman doing the same.

Noah thought these two people looked awfully suspiciously, but he wasn't exactly going to judge them just yet. He allowed his lips to tug into the most unnatural smile ever.

"Hey, uh-" He murmured. "What do you need help with?"

The man glanced over at the woman before looking over at Noah. He leaned in ever so slightly, glaring around along the way, as if he was trying to make sure that nobody was close by.

"We're looking for someone." He replied. "Noah Kitzler. You happen to know him by any chance?"

Noah took a step backwards for a moment. He had no clue who these people were. He had no idea on how these people even knew who he was.

He attempted to hide his confusion. He gulped, blinking rapidly for a moment as his eyebrows raised upwards. He nodded hesitantly, looking between the duo.

"That's me."