Chapter 4

Song= Take on the world, You Me At Six

--(Friendly reminder that you can listen to this before, while

Harry

It was a new day. A new sunrise. A new sky. A day to forget about yesterday.

Surprisingly, Ron and Hermione had chosen to sit with me on the bus ride to school again. They helped find my first class and they agreed that the hallways could be quite confusing for someone new. They were awfully friendly. A feeling I wasn't quite used to.

There was no sign of the boy from yesterday, and I started to doubt if it had just been my imagination playing with me in my whirlwind of nerves. He was awful. I knew that. But then why did I want him to be more than just an imagination?

Ron and I parted with Hermione in the hallway before she strolled off to her class. When she had shown me her schedule earlier, I'd noticed that she had tons of classes I had never heard of. Only a few of them matched with my schedule. I'd asked her about the extensive schedule and she said it was just for fun. God, that girl was unbelievable.

Ron and I shared the first class with Professor Maggs.

Maggs was really just short for McGonagall. She was our math teacher and the head of the Gryffindor house. She was a very old-looking woman, with wrinkles and two slim lines forming her mouth.

The first class went fine. There had not been too many stares. Only a few giggles escaped a group of girls. When the bell rang, Ron and I hurried out through the door, before Professor Magss had any objections.

On our way to biology, we ran into a brown-haired girl with curls.

"Are you on your way to biology?" she asked, a smile tucking her red lips.

"Uhmm, yes," I answered. Ron's face had turned red as she looked at us. Her eyes darted to me and surprise flickered in her face. "Are you new here?"

I nodded. Her mouth grew wider as the color rose in her cheeks.

"Well, my name is Lavender Brown and I believe I might've just made your day." Her smile remained unfaltered.

"What do you mean," Ron stammered.

She grinned. "All the animals have been let out of Professor Sprout's class, and she's been trying to capture them all day. All of her classes have been canceled. I've just found out, I can't wait to tell everyone," she chuckled.

"But who let them out?" Ron asked more firmly.

"Who do you think?" She smiled.

Ron's face twitched into a grin. "They really did that?"

"Mhmm," she chuckled as she hurried past us, telling the next people behind us the news. We turned around the corner opposite where we'd been heading and strolled towards the Great Hall instead.

The Great Hall was a large place for gatherings. The first floor was a huge rectangular room with four long wooden tables running across the entire hall, each table belonging to a house.

The second floor was used for studying. There were couches and chairs lined up along a huge library.

We found an empty corner on the second floor and I let myself melt into the soft fabric of a couch. Ron sat down on the one next to me.

"The people Lavender talked about-"

"My brothers," he interrupted. "My big brothers. Always making pranks, never caring about the complaints Mum and Dad receive later on." A smile tucked his lips. "I wish I could do as I want. But can you just imagine what it would do to my parents if all of their seven children were getting in trouble?"