Chapter 35

Day 4

Song=Another love- Tom Odell

Harry

As soon as the sun kissed the thin walls of the tent, I knew I had to leave.

I couldn't risk being in there when his eyes opened, knowing  I would see no hint of yesterday's softness in them. I knew it was going to happen, but that didn't mean I wanted it to. I couldn't stand it.

I risked a quick glance at his face. He was lying on his side, his pale face slightly clenched together. His rosy cheeks rested on the side of his arm and small parts of hair fell into his face. He looked...Peaceful.

I didn't bother changing clothes as I zipped up the opening to the tent and paced through the woods.

I stormed to Camp Circle and sat down on the first bench I found. My heart was beating fast against my ribcage and I couldn't stop thinking that somewhere inside of those woods Draco Malfoy was sleeping and I had actually managed to stay in that tent throughout the whole night.

I looked around and saw small groups of Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs talking silently together. They looked at me, and then my hair before they giggled. I flashed them an awkward smile and then looked away again.

I waited a couple of minutes, and a little sigh slipped out of my mouth as Hermione arrived.

"Hey," she said. Her eyes looked tired, dark circles surrounding them as she gazed at me.

"Hey," I said. "You don't look too good."

A small snort escaped her before she answered, "Speak for yourself."

I smiled back, fearing she could see right through me.

"Rough night?" I asked. She ran a hand through her curly hair, her brown eyes looking big as they met mine.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Same," I quickly agreed.

"I guess camping isn't exactly as I remember it from when I was little," she sighed. "There is so much more noise, and branches kept hitting the tent."

I nodded.

"Is Ron awake yet?"

"No."

She shrugged her shoulders. Then as if she were suddenly hit by a lightning bolt, her eyes plastered onto mine, her hands clasping to the table.

"Holy motherf- you shared a tent with Malfoy!" She spattered.

Oh god.

"I guess I did," I murmured. There was still no sign of Malfoy at Camp Circle.

"You guess? I'm sorry Harry, but I'm pretty sure you don't just "guess" it when your own personal satan is sleeping just a few inches away!"

"I know, I think we were both just a bit too tired yesterday to do all that rival shit."

True.

"Malfoy? Tired? I'm not sure I'm following Harry."

"Well, when I got to the tent he was already asleep and I just went straight to bed too, so it was not that big of a deal."

Not entirely true.

Hermione gave me a skeptical look.

"Are you sure? Because if he is bothering you I'm sure the professor wouldn't mind switc-"

"There's no need, Hermione. I'm pretty sure I can handle him on my own."

Completely false.

"If you say so," she said, raising her eyebrows while studying the brown veins running down the bench table.