Chapter 11

Song=Idfc-Blackbear

Draco

The sky over my head was fading into a burned orange color. Grey clouds were placed upon it, gleaming lights starting to appear behind them.

Cold wind surrounded me, a cloud of hot air appearing in front of my lips.

The walk home wasn't long, but I felt my footsteps getting slower as I headed in the opposite direction of my house.

Anything but facing my father's icy questions.

My stomach twisted when I recognized the familiar lawn. My house towered up on the streets, gargoyles glancing at me as I walked past them.

My family has always emphasized appearance. It determines your life.

In the middle of our front yard, a statue was placed. A giant snake twisted in a fierce combat with a lion. I think. I looked at the lion who desperately tried to get out of the snake's grip, just as it had for the last 50 years.

"What are you looking at?" I spat at it, sending a lump of saliva towards it. It remained silent of course.

Crunches sounded beneath my feet as I walked over the pea gravel towards the entrance. I took a deep breath and grabbed the door handle on the enormous front door. I shut my eyes real tight and walked in.

At first, everything was silent. I sighed, taking a step through the hall.

"You're home late," I heard a deep voice say, sending an echo through the entire first floor. I forced my feet to go to the living room and face my father.

As usual, he sat at the end of the dinner table, folders and papers spread all over the surface, his head deeply engulfed in work.

"I know, Father. Something came in the way. I'm sorry it took so long, it won't happen again."

He raised his head and met my eyes. Unable to read what crossed his face, I finally broke the stare. There wasn't much light in the room and shadows crept in the background as a cape on my father's shoulders.

He remained silent, and my feet started shifting in the other direction.

"Not so fast Draco," he bit. His voice was calm. The worst kind. Fear kissed my neck as I slowly turned around.

"Come here, Son."

I counted the steps over to the table, my heart pounding extra hard with each step. I looked down at my father sitting on the chair, but somehow he still seemed taller than me.

"We haven't even talked about your progress in school since the semester started," he said, his eyes placed on me. I refused to meet his gaze.

"We have an upcoming test in two weeks, but I'm already way ahead of my classmates."

"Good, very good." But...

I could hear the upcoming problem in his tone."And what about your social life Draco? Do you have some close friends?"

I struggled to suppress my laugh. He chose to care now?

"I have some friends, yes. You know that, Father. Crabbe and Goyle have been here plenty of-"

"Some? Not many?" My father cut me off, his tone slowly growing stronger.

"Why are you asking me this, Father?"

"The student counselor, Madam Pomfrey, called today and told me about her concern for your social life at Hogwarts."

She what?

"But- I didn't think you and Mother appreciated that I involved myself with foolishness like friendships," I said.

"Nonsense, your mother and I have always just wished for what is best for your education."

Sounds the same to me.

"So I talked to Madam Pomfrey, and we've decided that you will try out for the Quidditch team since the upcoming season is just around the corner. And then I won't receive any more calls from school right, Draco?"

"But-" I didn't have time to finish my sentence.

"Right, Draco?" His cold grey eyes finally met mine. I could see the smile hidden behind them. I sighed. "Yes, Father."

I walked away from him, quickly closing the door behind me as I reached my room. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I scrolled through some random messages when I noticed one from Pansy.

-Hey, you looked a little off today. I'm free if you wanna talk? Or if you just need a distraction;)

I ignored it and laid down on my back, taking a deep breath as I closed my eyes.

Even I can see that your life is the most miserable of all.

"Damn it, Potter!"

That lousy little prick had managed to get inside of my head. I glanced at the text from Pansy again.

-Can you be here in 5? I answered.

See where this is heading?;) Also Lucius in this story ughhhh. Its so annoying. What do you think? Also are you excited for new years? Well, I certainly am, but hopefully this story will get popular in the new year. But let's see. It depends whether you vote or not. So its up to you I guess:) Sending all my love<3