Chapter 53

Song=Falling apart-Michael Schulte

Harry

The sky had turned dark as if big, threatening clouds were slowly conquering it. What time was it? I looked at my watch: A little past 5 o'clock.

Cedric.

Shit.

My heart stopped beating for a couple of seconds. I could feel the warm presence of Malfoy closely lined up beside me, my heart hammering fast.

I cursed beneath my breath and got up from the slightly wet grass, walking towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I heard a voice breathe through the wind behind me. I turned my head and met a confused look plastered on Draco's face.

My stomach tightened. "Did I do something?" He said, rather tense.

"I just really need to go. I was supposed to meet somebody 2 hours ago."

He looked hurt.

"Cedric?"

"Yes." I breathed. My voice was carried through the still wind, hoping that they would not reach their goal.

"You're seriously still going?"

I bit my lip and looked at the ground.

"I'm- I'm sorry, Draco. I just-"

"You just what?"

I paused, knowing I had to choose my words carefully.

"This was really great Draco, really. But... I feel terrible about not showing up like that."

"So what?"

I didn't answer.

"Do you care for him?"

I clenched my eyes shut.

"Answer me." He sighed in a laugh.

"So what? I'm just gonna sit here while you go on a date with someone else? Oh, wait- not just someone. A boy that clearly just wants to bang you, and clearly the feeling is mutual."

"It's not like that!"

"Well, then why have you done nothing to tell me otherwise!?"

"You're the one who literally just confessed your feelings for me today, after letting me believe I was the one person you would rather die than be stuck in a room with.

"I never-"

"Yes, you did."

"It's a lot to process Draco. I'm still figuring out what I want, and you can't just expect me to have it all sorted out in one day."

"So you would just like for all of your options to be open. So you can just run back and forward between me and Diggory?"

"Are you even listening to what I'm saying!?"

"No, because all I hear is that you're on your way to suck someone else off while I'm standing here like a complete fool."

Upon hearing this my heart sank to the floor. I looked away from him and took a deep breath.

"For your information, Draco, we never even started anything. This was supposed to be our first date, but I was gonna tell him it wouldn't work. Because of you. He's the safe choice, the good one, but I'm still here, aren't I? Maybe you should have thought about that."

I didn't even look at him before I turned around and left.

***

After walking back to town, I finally arrived at the address Cedric had sent the day before.