Chapter 29

(Day 1 of camp)

Song=Nowhere-Black match

Draco

I would never forgive my parents for making me go on this trip. Never.

After driving in a squeezed bus for nearly half an hour, we finally stopped. Trees surrounded us, and gray clouds covered the sky. We gathered our stuff and started to make our way through the forest, listening to the sound of the bus driving away in the distance.

I felt like we'd been walking for hours when we finally to stop. But as soon as we did, I wished I had stayed on the bus. The first thing that came to mind was the smell. Everything smelled like... Yeah, actually it just smelled.

The camp consisted of a campfire site, surrounded by trees which put an end to all escape plans. Narrow benches were placed on the dusty dirt that I think was meant to be the ground.

But then I realized something...

Where were we supposed to sleep? No cabins were in sight, and tents weren't set up in advance.

I turned my head as the sound of cheerful Ravenclaws, laughing together, sounded behind me. They didn't seem bothered by the place.

I spotted Crabbe and Goyle admiring a bird running around the campus trying to find food. I shook my head at them and turned around.

Blaise was staying home, claiming he was "sick." I knew he was lying of course. He thought this camp was just as stupid as I did.

My eyes fell on Potter and his friends, leaning against one of the trees. They laughed as a squirrel ran past Weasley which made him scream. I looked at the way Potter smiled. How his lips formed a curve of joy, his eyes gleaming with purity. It was sickening. And unreal.

Finally, the professors arrived and made everyone gather. Professor Lupin stepped forward facing everyone as he spoke, "As you can see, students, we have finally made it to this incredible place. I'm sure some of you have had enough time to admire the magnificent qualities here."

A couple of students laughed at the irony behind me. I found myself smiling too. There was literally nothing else than tall trees and weird animal noises. As far as I was concerned that wasn't exactly labeled as magnificent.

"Professor Trelawney and I have decided that because the meaning of this trip was for you to bond, you are going to be given a partner from another house that you will share a tent with. Of course, no pairs will be mixed by opposite genders."

I listened as multiple sighs escaped the crowd. I shook my head, a smile playing on my lips.

Seriously? They're all just thinking about getting laid

"Yes, yes we know, we're the annoying teachers now. But please save all that for when we're done telling you the rules. Because yes. There will be some ground rules."

Professor Trelawney stepped forward to stand beside Lupin. Her usual glasses were placed on top of her curly hair, her eyes unfocused as she looked out on us.

"The following rules will be locked for the entire week and if we discover someone breaking them, they are going straight back home," Lupin continued.

Doesn't sound so bad.

He pulled out a paper and listed the following rules.

You will not be allowed to have sex on campus.

There will be no drugs, alcohol, or other things that could affect you somehow.

There will be no violence and fights.

After dinner, everyone will be going straight to their tents unless there's a planned event.

Every cellphone will be handed in and given back on the trip home."

At this, much more complaint was being thrown into the air. a lot of sighs went around. I spotted Pansy surrounded by her friends, gazing at the ground as her face twitched in annoyance.

Personally, I didn't really care.

The crowd went silent again as Professor Lupin continued. "Now, on to the fun part! Finding partners, and yes, it will be Professor Trelawney and I who will be deciding the pairs. When we call your name, you will go grab a bag over there by the stack of supplies and choose a place wherever you'd like in the woods," he said as he stretched his hand toward the tents.

He continued to speak but I didn't listen. Professor Lupin was a tall slender man, with auburn hair falling into his face. When Lupin spoke, his little mustache wiggled from side to side, and wrinkles appeared on his forehead as he smiled at us.

"Now let's see..." I heard him saying.

"Ms. Bones, you will share a tent with Ms. Granger."

The two girls twitched at the sounds of their names called out. But they finally looked at each other flashing a shy smile. Granger looked pleased, the small freckles on her nose dancing as she gave Susan Bones an approving look. They went to get one of the big green bags and then faded into the woods, talking quietly.

When they were gone, we all fixed our eyes upon Lupin again.

"Next up we have Mr. Longbottom pairing up with Mr. Finch-fletchley."

The clumsy little boy from Gryffindor paired with a big front-teeth guy from Hufflepuff? I simply couldn't stop the smile that invaded my face.

I watched as they disappeared too and Lupin went on, calling more names. The crowd began to decrease as more pairs were made.

Weasley's name was called and I had to hold in a chuckle as I watched him vanish with Goyle. I could still see the red hair between the tree trunks a few minutes after they'd left.

"Next we have... Arghh Mr. Malfoy."

Every ounce in my body tensed at the sound of Lupin calling my name.

There were only three students left and Potter was one of them. I dared myself to give him a quick look, but instead of meeting my gaze, I found him staring quietly at the brown dust beneath his feet.

Just let it be anyone but Potter.

"You will share a tent with Terry Boot," Professor Lupin smiled.

The relief was overwhelming. My limps loosened up and I caught myself breathing again. I looked at the little Hufflepuff standing beside Potter, looking like he was about to shit his pants.

Without a word, we went into the woods and disappeared among the green leaves and thick tree trunks.

Only once did I glance back at Potter. I caught Lupin saying something about him just having his own tent.

And only once did I notice the weird pounding, hiding within my chest.

OH god can you feel the slow build up? Arghhhh. Well remember to vote will you? I really need it<3