Chapter 17

Song=War of hearts-Ruelle

Draco

I had no idea how I'd gotten myself into going to this stupid event.

Blaise had told me he would be here, but he was nowhere to be seen. I sent him a quick text and he sent a quick response.

Blaise

Wait, you actually went? If I'd been under the impression that you would actually go, I wouldn't have asked you. I must say you surprise me, Malfoy. I had to leave though. See you at school.

I stared at the screen. He was right. I hadn't been planning on showing up. I didn't know why I did either. But proving Blaise wrong was enough.

I glanced at the swarming crowd around me, spotting Pansy talking to some of her friends. Her hair looked darker than usual, her lips twitched into a smile as she grinned at someone. She noticed my stare, returning a glance we both knew well. If I wanted, I could find her later.

I broke the stare and glanced at one of the booths beside me. The familiar broad figures showed as Crabbe and Goyle turned around. I strolled over to them, passing the Ferris wheel on the way. But I stopped as I noticed something. Someone. Bloody fucking Potter smiling and... Having fun?

Of course, he liked this little arrangement. Nothing says fun as a whole school pretending they didn't see each other three hours ago.

I rolled my eyes as his eyes dared to me. I gave him a sarcastic smile and went to the stand by Crabbe and Goyle.

"Oh hey there. Didn't think you'd show up?" Crabbe said as I leaned against the desk beside him.

Me neither.

They were both standing with large rifles under their arms, aiming at a round circle at the end of the tent. Frustrated looks played on their faces.

I watched as they carried on with the game. My patience slipped after a couple of minutes of useless hits by them both. Neither of them made a single shot.

"Oh jeez give me that, there's no way it can be that hard!" I hissed at them. I paid the guy standing at a desk for a rifle, and he handed me a brown wooden one. I placed it under my arm, my eyes focused on the black spot.

I was about to send the first bullet toward the colored paper plate when a far too familiar voice caught my attention.

"Three please," the voice said further down the booth. I turned my head and found Potter and his friends receiving a rifle each.

I sighed a bit too loud and returned my focus to the plate. But it was too late. They'd already seen us.

"You don't need to make a big deal out of your presence every time we see you, Malfoy," Weasley said, his red hair moving as he spoke.

I straightened my back. "Don't flatter yourself, Weasley," I said, sending my first bullet into the circle, hitting the second ring closest to the middle.

I grinned, still feeling their stares on me. I sighed and turned around again, meeting Potter's green eyes. Light flickered in them as he looked at his friends and then back at me.

"Okay how about this then," he said.

I turned my head as if I couldn't have been less interested.

"Three bullets, the one who hits the most bulls-eye wins."

I gazed at Crabbe and Goyle, excitement crossing their faces. "And why exactly would I do that?" I tried not to laugh.

"If you win, Ron, Hermione, and I will do as you say for a week."

A smile broke out on my face.

"Two weeks," I said. Hesitation crossed his face.

"Fine," he said.

"But if I win, you will leave everyone alone, including the three of us. "

I thought about it. It was a really bad deal but I didn't hesitate as I said, "Fine." And I turned towards the plate again.

I felt more gazes weighing on us, and I knew an audience had started to appear.

There was a sound of moving feet as we prepared. We both raised the rifles to our chest and took our aims. I felt a slight lump growing on my throat but I simply ignored it. There was no turning back now.

I sent the first bullet flying towards the red dot and watched as it carefully broke the thin facade.

I sighed in relief. I'd hit the first one. Potter pulled the trigger too and didn't even blink as he hit the center.

He smiled at his friends and Granger broke into a silent laugh.

We quickly looked at each other, no thoughts revealed.

We prepared ourselves again. The large sound of the trigger exploded in our ears as the bullets once again flowed through the wind at the same time.

I was too occupied seeing if Potter had hit, to realize that my own bullet was placed in the circle farthest away from the middle.

Embarrassment flowed through me, my face showing no sign of what had happened.

"What's wrong Malfoy? Isn't your father around to fix your problems?" Potter grinned.

I wanted to kill him. My blood boiled underneath my skin and I wondered if it would be enough to give him a 3rd-degree burn.

I lowered my head and took my aim once again.

Potter hadn't missed so far, knowing my only chance of winning was if he missed this one and I didn't.

"At least my father is alive," I said and pulled the trigger.

The loud and final explosion came and I stared emptily at the Potter's plate.

It had worked. He had been far from hitting the center. He looked at the ground while Weasley clenched his face together, a furious gaze sent in my direction.

But then I looked at my own plate. My bullet hadn't even been anywhere near the center. I gave Potter a wicked grin before I turned around and left the booth.

Behind me I heard a distant voice, "Don't you dare walk away, Malfoy. We had a deal." Potter didn't sound very excited but the determination was not to be mistaken.

I ignored him and walked farther away. I rounded a corner and ended in what seemed to be a dead end. Shadows crept along the wooden fence, making it impossible to see.

My body went ice cold as I felt a firm hand grasp my shoulder, forcing me to turn around.

I dont think you're All prepared for the next chapter. Too bad you have to wait. But when I tell you the tension is UNBEARABLE. Remember to vote<3