Chapter 56

Song=Powerful (feat Ellie Golding & Tarrus Riley)- Major Lazer

Harry

When I arrived on Monday, Draco was already in the room.

Running a hand through his blonde hair, he leaned back and watched as I entered the room. A smile grew on his face and I subdued a smirk.

I sat down at the desk in front of him and felt his eyes bore into my neck. A few moments after, Professor Snape arrived with a large stack of papers in his hands. He slammed them down in front of me without a word.

"I want all of these in alphabetical order and date by the next hour. Neither of you is allowed to leave until it's done."

We both looked up at him, noticing the smile that tugged at the corner of his lips. His long, greasy hair swayed as he turned around and sat down behind the teacher's desk. He opened a newspaper and I watched as his eyes followed the thin lines. I could feel him watching us through the paper.

Neither of us had said a word and I looked down at the stack of papers. They were all financial papers from the ministry between the 1950 and '70s.

Something light stroked my neck and I looked down and saw a little, paper ball land on the floor. I turned my head to face Malfoy. He bit his lip and leaned closer. My heart skipped a beat as I felt my breath slowly fade away. Then, his gaze fell to the stack of papers in front of me, and his head gestured towards it.

His hand briefly brushed mine as I handed over half the stack. A complacent grin was plastered onto his lips.

Snape lowered the paper entwined with his fingers and I quickly returned to my desk. I could still feel Malfoy grinning from behind.

I started organizing the papers, but the feeling of being watched stayed.

We hadn't talked about the reason we were both here. We hadn't talked about what happened, and what I'd done. My cheeks flushed as I recalled the memory. I couldn't think about that now.

I was halfway through when Professor Snape interrupted us.

"I have to go give my weekly report in Dumbledore's office. Maybe tell him about the disrespectful students he so carelessly lets run around in this school," he gazed at Malfoy. I looked at the ground.

"I'm sure you'll both be doing your papers when I get back, but if not I'll just add another hour. I'll be back in exactly 15 minutes."

And then he disappeared out of the class. We could hear his footsteps out in the hallway and only when they stopped, I turned around.

"Sometimes I wonder if he's still a virgin," Draco said as he met my eyes.

Surprise struck me by the remark, but laughter followed shortly after.

"I'll bet your ass he hasn't gotten any in at least 20 years," he continued.

I sighed in a chuckle, leaving an echo in the empty room.

The seats were all nicely lined up and the curtains were separated on each side of the windows. I looked at Draco's papers and saw that he hadn't even started. He noticed my stare and said, "You didn't really think we had to do it right?"

Embarrassment streamed through me and I looked away. He grinned.

"Snape is only handing out the work he thinks we'll see as most sufferable, he's not actually punishing us if we don't do it."

I sighed, feeling his gaze following me. I looked up and met his grey eyes.

"About what happened in Snape's class..."

"We don't have to talk about it," he laughed.

"Oh, yeah okay," I said, my cheeks glowing red.

"However..."

He leaned closer to my ear, and I could smell his dark perfume.

"Your hair smells really great," he whispered into my ear. I bit down my lip, ignoring the pulsating running through my body.

I turned my head against his cheek and felt his lips gently brush mine. He leaned in and kissed me. And I let him.

At first, it was very soft, his teeth gently tucking my lower lip. I let my hand go through his hair and pulled him closer over the desk.

15 minutes was all we got.

He opened his mouth and I let myself search for his tongue. It was warm and safe, and not desperate like the times before.

Steps approached in the hallway and we broke apart, his hand leaving warmth on my skin from the places he'd touched.

Snape entered the classroom looking more bored than ever.

"I spoke with Dumbledore and apparently he thinks my reason for holding you here is unreasonable, and therefore you are free to go."

I'd never heard a man speak with such disappointment before. I hid my grin as I slowly packed up my stuff and started leaving the class.

I felt Snape's gaze follow us out and as soon as I'd got far enough away, I let out a chuckle not being able to contain it any longer.

I exited the main door, still hearing Draco's footsteps behind me.

I turned around.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" I said giving him a quick smile, my head still a bit cloudy.

"Yeah, sure," he said quickly.

Silence pierced the air and I turned around, starting to walk away.

"Hey, Harry?"

I turned around to face him, probably looking like a question mark.

"You know, I would really like to take you out for real sometime. I know you don't like all this sneaking around. I wanna make up for that."

I broke into a smile.

"Really?"

"Yeah," he smiled softly.

I nodded and looked at the ground, my heart racing at full speed.

"We'll see about that," I grinned, turning around.

I thought I could hear him chuckle behind me, but I left before I had the chance to find out.