Chapter 67

(CHAPTER NOT EDITED)

Song=Bones-Wens

Draco

Though it's an often habit of mine, I don't want to lie. The party was all my thoughts have been wrapped around for the last couple of days.

I've found myself distracted in class whenever the teacher was speaking. When dining in the Great Hall among my friends, images uncontrollably showed before me, bringing me back to that night. It was driving me insane. And I somehow still couldn't manage to figure out how the night had evolved like that.

Harry had been mad at me after I'd given him every reason to, but then suddenly he'd acted like none of it mattered. And I'd just played along. God, I'm pathetic.

Everything was so confusing when it came to that boy. It was exciting. I believe that's why I hated it so much.

***

I was late today. Again. But more than usual. Like... A lot more.

I was met by empty hallways, as I entered the great castle before me. The annoying blue banners were still hanging in every goddamn place you went, only a slight echo of a voice sounding through the walls not far away.

As I walked closer, I suddenly recognized the voice and stopped my movement immediately.

Harry.

I'd been avoiding him all week. I'd seen him walk in the halls with Granger and Weasley. I'd seen him talk, seen him listen, seen him laugh. But always from a distance. I hadn't shown up to the presentation either. Not that there was much to present.

I couldn't help leaning up along the wall, listening to Harry's voice, just for a second. I bit my lip and tried not to focus on the words he'd told me at the party. I want you to take me from-

This was ridiculous. Pathetic actually. A year ago I would never have imagined myself hiding behind a corner because I was afraid to talk to a boy. I straightened my back, ran a hand through my hair, and prepared to reveal my hiding spot. But then I heard another voice. A male voice. Too familiar.

Diggory.

My legs melted into the ground and I found myself stuck, remaining where I was.

Of course, everyone knew Diggory. I hadn't really talked much to him myself.

Hogwarts sweetheart. Every girl I knew was swooning over him at some level, not really sure why though. He was conventionally attractive I guess, but there was no way he was that perfect. Nobody was.

But why was Harry talking to him?

I turned my head, making it easier to listen around the corner. Harry's soft voice resounded through the empty hallway. "Who's your date at the yule ball?"

I felt my heart drop. Was Harry- Was Harry asking Diggory to go with him to... the ball?

You've got to be kidding me.

I looked at the white tiles, flooring the base beneath me, and let my gaze follow the cracks. I clenched my fists. I felt every hidden, little thought of self-doubt from the last couple of days reappear at the surface. I leaned closer to hear the response, careful not to make any sound.

I felt the familiar anger burn inside me. The flames tearing me up. The heat boiling under my skin to the rhythm of my beating heart. I'd thought it had gone away, long ago. Apparently, it had always just been there, forming into something not beneficial for anyone.

Something moved behind me. I turned my head but saw nothing. I returned my focus to listen to the conversation when the sound behind me returned, but this time someone was standing there.

Her hair waved above her shoulders and her lashes closed like a curtain as she blinked at me. Pansy looked at me with a wide smirk. My heart started pounding harder. Was it possible she'd seen me lurking at Harry? Would she tell anyone? Panic rose within me.

"What are you looking at Draco?" she asked with a high-pitched voice too high to sound natural.

"Not much really," I answered.

She squeezed her face in suspicion. "Who is that talking? She laughed.

"Shh..." I pulled my hand up to her mouth. "They are just going to hear you."

How the hell was I going to hear what Cedric answered when Pansy wouldn't leave me the fuck alone?

"Wait a minute, is that...''

I tried to stop her, but Pansy stepped past me and looked behind the corner. She let out a giggle as she stepped back again, her eyes flew to me, joy spreading across her face.

"I can explain... I-"

"No need to," she interrupted. Why are you being so weird today, Draco?"

I was about to answer when she continued.

"It's just so horrible for that Diggory boy. I would rather submit my soul to the dark lord than ever fall for a boy like Potter."

I felt the blood rush in my cheeks.

"I actually thought he seemed cool, Diggory you know. But when they started dating it just vanished. Just too weird you know," she said with an ugly grimace.

I looked at her, not really sure what my face looked like. But she was too busy talking to even notice

"Oh, don't get me wrong Draco. All that gay stuff is totally fine, but it's just the two of them are NOT cute together. Cedric is SO handsome, and Harry is just.. Different.... Urgh horrible."

I felt the need to defend Harry, but Pansy was already bringing way more attention than I wanted her to.

"Why do you think they are dating?" I asked, looking at the floor. All this could just be a rumor. But what if it wasn't?

"Oh yeah, it is actually weird you know my other friends whose dad owns a..."

"Pansy, get to the point!" I hissed.

"You're really weird, Draco," she said.

"But you see, my friend told me the other day that she had seen Potter running around the streets looking for Diggory, and then they had ended up kissing." She took a break, a giggle escaping her. "Weird, I know," she said.

No, no. Harry wouldn't do that. She must have seen wrong. Right? I could feel the heat stream in my veins, and my breathing tightened. Then a thought hit me. "Pansy, what day did your friend see them?"

She looked a little confused at him. "I don't know, like four weeks ago, but I really don't know why you want to know this."

I felt a punch in the gut. I couldn't believe it. When Harry had mentioned that he'd ended things with Diggory, apparently he'd just also accidentally left out the part where his mouth was tied together with that pretty face he was currently talking to.

"I think I better get going," Pansy said.

I listened as she disappeared, my head a hurling hurricane of thoughts. Had there ever been an "us", Or had it just all been in my head.

I hated this feeling. I felt anger. I felt numb. I felt fooled. It was awful. I could feel my eyes starting to burn.

I wanted to hurt him.

A wicked grin spread at the corner of my lips as I left the hallway.

Oh god, I'm not proud of the next couple of chapters... but please remember to vote!