Chapter 72

(CHAPTER NOT EDITED)

Now guys listen, I believe there are about 10 chapters left of something like that, so now I need your vote more than ever. My goal was 33k views and I really need your help to reach it, so please vote on the chapters<3

Song=Where's my love-SYML

Draco

I'd messed up. Really bad. Again.

The anger seemed almost imaginary now. As if it had been pure imagination.

The darkness colored the sky as I hurried down the street. The Burrow was only a few minutes away. Lights flickered down my clothes from the hanging lamppost.

I rounded a corner and felt my heart beating loud and steady in my chest. I began to run towards the tall house, my fists clenching together.

If I could just get him to listen...

I still hadn't planned what I was going to say. I just needed to see him. I'd told Pansy I would be late, even though I didn't plan on showing up.

Pansy.

Another thing I'd messed up. Another fucked up decision I couldn't undo.

I knot tightened in my stomach. It hadn't been the plan to involve Pansy this much, I'd never wanted her to get hurt. She might be a self-absorbed brat, but she's always been there for me when no one else ever would. She didn't deserve it.

I walked through the little front yard and placed three hard knocks on the door. Seconds later a little red-haired lady with warm eyes opened the door.

"Hello," she smiled. But then her eyes landed on me and the smile faded. She studied me without a word.

"Hello, I'm looking for Harry." I looked at her. I bit my lip and placed a hand behind my neck.

She sighed as she answered. "I'm afraid Arthur has taken them to the Yule Ball just minutes ago, dear." She gave me a little smile as the information sank in.

"Oh, alright. I'm sorry to disturb your evening," I said, turning around.

"No, not at all dear, don't you worry." She tilted her head and gave me a last smile before she slowly closed the door. "It's Draco, right?" She said through the opening.

I turned around.

"It is."

"You know, for the last 7 years my son has described you as a lot of things."

I looked away.

"But when Harry came, he never spoke ill of you. He never spoke whenever all of the other kids were blabbing about something new you'd done. No, whenever your name was said out loud, his eyes gleamed with something I've never been able to set words on. Until now. I don't know what you've done. But if I were you, I would do everything to make sure that look in his eyes doesn't go away."

I looked into Mrs. Weasley's eyes for a long time, processing what she'd said. "Thank you," I breathed, turning away, hearing the little woman close the door behind me.

When I went down the street, her words kept echoing in my head. If she'd known what I'd really done, I was sure the talk had been different.

I looked down the street and saw a slender figure leaning against a lamppost. He turned around, and his face was revealed in the light.

Blaise.

I walked over to him and watched as his expression fell.

"Hey," I said. He didn't answer.

"You're mad at me too?"

I watched as he lit a cigarette and placed it in his mouth.

"You really fucked up this time, Draco."

"I know." I looked at the ground.

"And you've had DAYS. DAYS, Draco. I just don't get it, that's all."

"Get what?"

He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"I don't get how you're constantly ruining all the good things in your life. I mean is it really that difficult to just let yourself be happy? He was good for you, and you know it. And you ruined it. "

The words burned, and my breathing changed.

"I know."

"Then why the hell did you do it!?"

"I-"

I got mad and wanted the hurt to disappear.

"I don't know."

"Well, you're hell as not getting him back by saying that bullshit."

"I know."

"Stop being so fucking stupid Malfoy. Did he even mean anything to you?"

I looked away and sighed.

"Yes."

"Well, why are you still acting like he didn't!?"

"Why do you care so much?"

"I don't-"

"I care about you okay? I know you think you're alone in the world. But I'm here, and I'm not gonna sit by and watch as you make your life fall apart day by day. You don't deserve that. Even though you make it quite hard to believe that sometimes."

Yellow light from the lamppost flashed on his face as he turned his head.

"I-"

"Drac- you might be one of the smartest and stupidest people I know, but if you're not getting your ass to that ball right now, I might just be ending our friendship right now!"

"Okay."

I looked at him.

"What?"

"I'll do it."

He raised his brows a bit.

"I can't promise he will listen to me, but I will try."

"You better."

"Thank you," I said silently.

"For what?"

"For being my friend."

He grinned. I knew he thought I was stupid, but I guess the word has started to grow on me.

I gave him a quick smile before I pulled my phone out and called Wormtail to come to pick me up.

I swear the next couple of chapters have a hold on my heart. Also, how are you all liking the story?I'm really curious:)