Chapter 57

This chapter doesn't need a song

Harry

I didn't actually see Draco much for the next couple of weeks.

Or well,

Besides under the bleachers of course. And the cleaning cabinet. And the empty classrooms. And the...

We both hated it. The longing, the necessity, the need to stay hidden. I felt how I slowly got cautious of all my movements, where I stepped, where I looked, who I talked to. It was tiring, but for now, the only way.

I knew Draco didn't like it either. The look on his face always gave him away. It always happened the same way: we'd finish up somewhere and afterward, Draco would look at the ground as he asked me to meet him somewhere else another time.

But this was not like those times.

I straightened my robe and watched Draco fix his belt. His hair was ruffled, cheeks flushed. My lips were sore as I bit them gently, and my body was leaning into the warm memories of his skin on mine.

I gazed out the window. The morning sky still had its dark dimness, but on the horizon, I could see the sun starting to set its golden mark.

Draco ran a hand through his hair and smirked at me. I really wanted to rip that satisfied grin off his face, but class started in a bit, and we both needed to be in places that weren't here.

"Meet after class?" Draco said, pulling his robe on. I didn't exactly know if he was actually asking or just assuming. A common phrase often escaping his mouth.

"Sure," I looked at the ground.

"You're okay right?" His voice softened. He came closer and I felt how my stomach instantly tightened.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," I smiled.

He gently traced his fingers over my jaw to study it, before he stepped back and left the classroom.

I waited 5 minutes as we'd agreed before hurrying out myself.

***

After our last class, Draco and I's routine just repeated itself all over. We made sure everyone had left class. No one had seen us go in together. And all doors were locked.

For a quick moment, I forgot where I was when he kissed me. I forgot who I was and why we were here. Everything just fell into place. I ignored my heart telling me that I wanted this more than I should. I ignored the steady pumps trying to convince me that this was more than desire.

When we were done, I watched him get the rest of his clothes on. He gave me a quick glimpse before walking towards the door.

I sent him a text.

Me

-Hey

He looked at me and grinned, confusion playing in his eyes.

Draco

-Hey?

I smiled. I could feel how he watched me as I typed.

Me

-How about that date?

My heart was racing at full speed, just waiting for his response. Draco's face lightened and he broke into a chuckle. He looked at the ground and then back up at me.

Draco

-Tomorrow?

I smiled at him, resisting the urge to laugh. I gave him a soft nod and he sent me a quick smirk before leaving class.

I could hear him walk down the hallway, a low chuckle escaping him a couple of times. My heart was still beating fast.

I followed him out the door, not knowing what to expect at all.

But I guess I already knew that. It was Draco Malfoy after all.

Heyyyyy, sorry it's a short chapter, btw how are you all doing? How are the exams coming up? have a great weekend:)