Chapter 54

Song=Friends-Chase Atlantic

Harry

Everything was quiet. The air, the house, my head. With my eyes closed, I took a deep breath and felt my chest rise. Peace. Even if only for a short while. It was so hard to find these days, with my mind always whirling with a hurricane of thoughts.

But the peace was over quickly as a message ticked on my phone beside me. I turned to my side and looked.

Draco

-Hey

The air was drawn out of the room, my thoughts interrupted, and my heartbeat on full speed. Though I knew Draco had my number, I hadn't ever imagined him using it.

Ron wasn't home and he wouldn't be for at least a couple of hours. He had some occasion with his great aunt or something like that.

I stared at the message and decided to not answer.

A couple of minutes later a new message was revealed.

Draco

- Can we talk?

There was no emotion. No anger, no apology, no feeling.

I hadn't even answered before he wrote:

Draco

-Please

I thought about it quickly before answering.

Me

-Okay.

I quickly followed with,

Me

Where?

Draco

-Can you come to my house?

His house? Out of all places he could have suggested that was the one I'd least expected. I looked at the roof and clenched my eyes slightly. I wasn't really sure if it was a good idea. Any of it. His house. His room. Alone.

Me

-Okay.

***

Malfoy manor was as big as I had imagined.

It was a big, white mansion with frightful statues lurking at the entrance port. The windows were pitch black and looked like mirrors and small rocks crunched beneath my feet as I walked up to the big mahogany door.

I knocked on the door handle, and seconds later I was facing a blonde-haired boy with awfully familiar features. I felt the same thrilling rush in my stomach as I always did. Fright, excitement, longing. Would it ever stop?

"Hey," he said, giving me a soft smile. He looked at the ground, hiding his hands in his pockets.

He opened the door wider and I entered, my heart stuck all the way up in my throat.

The hall we had entered was big and shining and sound echoed through it like waves. Old furniture was placed all over the living room, and I spotted a beautiful, old piano.

I felt like I could search within this house forever and still find new things. It was so different from the Burrow. Here everything was nice and neat, whereas the Burrow was all over the place. The manor was was cold and silent- The Burrow always full of cheerful voices and warmth from the fireplace.

Malfoy led me up the stairs without a word, and I only got a quick glimpse of the rest of the house before it all disappeared behind me.

I entered his room and he closed the door carefully behind us.