Chapter 76

(Chapter not edited)

Song=Hunger-Ross Copperman

Draco

I could feel Harry's warm skin against my hand as we strolled down the hallway. My eyes were plastered to him, a smirk widening on his lips as he noticed.

I'd gotten him back. He was here. With me. And I'd gotten him back.

I was still waiting for him to slap me in the face and tell me he couldn't do it. But that moment seemed to be kept pushed into the future.

We reached one of the school towers, The Owlery, and began climbing up the millions of stairs. With each step, we were taken higher up into the sky, the darkness lurking through the windows.

We entered The Owlery and, fell down to relax by one of the balconies.

I'd always thought it was a stupid name. Owlery. It wasn't like an owl had been seen in town for decades, but Dumbledore refused to change the name anyway.

I leaned against the wall and gazed at the sky. A cold night breeze kissed my cheeks softly. Beneath us, a million lights illuminated the city. Like a mirror, the sky above was covered in gleaming stars.

"They're beautiful aren't they?" Harry asked beside me.

I looked at him for a while, then back up at the small lights.

"Yeah, they are."

You were my missing star.

That was what I'd told him. I could tell on the way he bit his cheek he was thinking of it too.

"I-"

"Don't ruin the moment," he interrupted.

I watched as he looked away. I leaned my head against the cold bricks. "Okay."

His breath was a silent whisper in the night as he placed his head on my shoulder. I could feel the warmth spread out through my body as his fingers slipped between mine.

This was real.

"I love you," I whispered in his hair. His smell was enough to knock out my breath. I'd missed that smell. It was sweet like summer rain.

I could feel his smile through the darkness. "I love you too," he whispered back.

I knew my heart skipped a beat. I cupped his head and made those lovely green eyes find mine. His gaze was curious, but I could see the sorrow hiding behind them. I knew I was the cause of it, and that I couldn't do any damn thing about it. Which was even worse.

"I wish I'd never given you a reason to look at me like that," I breathed.

He quickly looked away, aware that I'd noticed. "Like what?" he lied.

"Like the way you still by this moment can't help to wonder if you made the right choice. You don't know if you should feel guilty by the way your heart isn't beating as fast as mine." I moved his fingers to my chest and let him brush against the place over my heart. "It's not because you don't want to," I continued. "But simply because a small piece of it is gone. I know I made sure of that."

His gaze flew to the city instead of me.

"And I hate that," I said, trying to press the words past the growing knot in my throat.

"It's not your fault," he began. Another lie.

"We both know that isn't true." Now it was my turn to look away. "The things I made you do- The things I made you see."

"Hey," Harry said brushing my cheek to make me look at him. A tear rested at the corner of his eye. "It's okay." Another lie.

"I just wished I'd known," I said, forcing a smile.

"Known what?" He asked.

"How much I needed you."

The words hang in the air. He smiled and placed his head on my shoulder again. I wrapped my arm around him, and he turned his face to look at me.

"You promise to hold me like this all night?" he asked silently.

"I intend to do it for as long as I'm breathing," I whispered, a crooked smirk finding its way to my mouth.

"You're so cheesy today," Harry grinned.

"I know you like it a little bit."

"Maybe."

I grinned.

"You promise?" He repeated the question, his eyes filled with light from the stars.

"Yes," I smiled, closing my eyes.

And then, everything else vanished.

There were only two boys in the black night, holding onto a silent promise for as long as it was possible. And nothing else mattered.

How are we feeling about this chapter? Remember to vote, will you?<3