Chapter 55

Song=Heaven-Julia Michaels

Draco

I'm bisexual.

A little, small phrase that wasn't really important at all but still somehow had the power to destroy my life.

When I had stood before my father the other day I realized that I could never tell him anything like that. My mom would be more accepting, but my father would never forgive me.

I remember how my heart had started to hammer when met by the sharp coldness in his eyes. They looked like mine, but they were no way near the same. The way his back was as straight and proud as an old tree had made me forget my words. I knew he would never let anything take away that proudness.

It was with a clouded mind that I sat down in Snape's class after the bell had rung. I was resting my face on my left wrist, my hand cupping my jaw.

Professor Snape arrived a second later, his jaw tight and eyes as sharp as blades. He wasn't in a good mood today. Or at least worse than he usually was.

He sat down behind the teacher's desk up front, observing everyone without even raising his gaze from his papers.

His long, black hair was hanging in greasy strings alongside his face and made him look ridiculous.

My father was once very familiar with him, but then something had happened.

Stuff like that was never mentioned at the dinner table at home.

Just before Snape was about to close the door, Harry hurried in, nearly running straight into Snape's already irritated face.

"You're later, Potter," he said, low but firmly. He was careful to pronounce the "R" making it fade into the stillness.

The rest of the class looked observant at Harry, as he flushed.

His eyes swept the class, spotting Granger who was giving him a discrete wave. Searching the class for empty seats, he was quick to notice that the only t spot left was beside me. He sat down on the chair beside me, a little smile hiding in the corner of my lips.

The rest of the class looked baffled and all waited for my response, as they held their breath. Even Snape gazed expectantly at us.

I just looked Harry in the eyes, hoping he knew that it didn't really mean anything as I made a grimace and snorted.

He seemed to understand and just played along. I knew it bothered him. Of course, it did. My stomach churned and I wished I hadn't done it after all.

Snape looked pleased and returned to his desk. He started handing out big, black books wrapped in leather, placing them on our desks. Multiple sighs resounded from the students in the back.

"Turn to page 394."

It wasn't a request. It was a demand.

I looked at the old book lying in front of me, a matching one lying in front of Harry.

The title: "History of Muggles," seemed as boring as drying paint.

"Now can anyone tell me what a muggle is?"

A lazy hand rose from Seamus Finnigan.

"Yes?" Snape said unbothered. This was clearly enjoyable for him.

"My mom told me that it's basically what old people used as another word for "humans." I don't know who invented the word, but they probably think they really did something cool there." Seamus chuckled at his own remark as others joined him.