Chapter twenty five

Lily

I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I was supposed to be cool and aloof and not this gooey mess when he touches me. I was a strong independent woman who didn't fall for a man's sweet words or touches or burning stares that literally heats you up from the inside. I wasn't supposed to like his little whispers in my ear or his hand on my lower back. I definitely wasn't supposed to like his scent or his protective stand. I was being pathetic fool. It was a moment of insane. That was all.

I had known Liam my whole life. And he had made me feel everything under the moon. Anger, happiness, sadness, disappointment, envy, proud and lust. He was my chosen one. My supposed mate and I didn't know what to do with that information. For the last five years, I was getting used to the idea that Liam Jacob was meant to be in my life but not mine. I have gotten used to it. I was supposed to hate him. I did hate him. The hate I felt for him was the only thing that kept me away from home all these years.

These touches, kisses, stares was playing with my mind. It told me that he would devour me in one second given the chance. Prior to me leaving, the only time he used to touch and stare at me was when he wanted to annoy the hell out of me which was... all the time. His touches and stares didn't pack this sexual heat, it was calculated like he was thinking of ways to ruin my day.Which told me one thing, this was the mating side effects. Therefore it wasn't real. Meaning I couldn't allow myself to fall for it. He still annoyed me but this time it was with stolen kisses and hungry looks or words that made me want to pounce on him. And not to do violence.

I was losing my mind.

"You okay?"

I felt his hand on my hip, he was standing behind me, part of chest touching my back. Hovering but not quite. It was a protective stand. I lifted my head to meet his gaze. He looked concerned but I couldn't tell if it was the Liam I had always known or Liam, my said boyfriend for the night.

"Yeah"I said, my voice coming out hoarsely.

I cleared my throat and tried again.

"Yeah I'm good."I sent him a smile and with much more confidence I said "let's do this shit"

He smiled back and gave my hip one squeeze before letting me go.

"That's my girl"

Eeeek!
That's my girl.

Was he trying to give me heart palpitations? Couldn't he cut a girl a break and slow down on this charming act of his, enough for me to catch up.

"Try not to forget that you're in love with me" he said, sounding condescending.

And he was back.

I could have kissed him.

"Don't worry about me lover boy."I said sending him a fake smile, before giving him a kiss on his chin before giving his what others would think was a loving pat on the face. It was a bit too hard to be that.

He gave me a devious smirk which I in return gave him a raised eye brow.

His handed the car keys to the valet and received a ticket in return. His hand once again found its place on my lower back and lead me inside the restaurant.

It was everything you would expect from a fancy, overall priced restaurant to look like.  The exterior and interior design was flawless, high ceiling, floor to ceiling windows at the back which had a beautiful open view of the garden. Their main attraction. I now understood why people had to wait months for get a reservation. I didn't have to taste their food to know that it wasn't because of that. The music playing was smooth, welcoming and live. I saw the band at the corner. It was enough to let people know they were there but not to take all of the attention.