Chapter six

Fourteen hours. Fourteen hours I had my ass on a seat. Fourteen hours of Cindy snoring my ears out and her drool falling down my shoulders. I was seated between my best friend and some guy. His junk or his ass were in my face when he had to walk through to go to the bathroom.

The one time my brain decided to let me sleep, he startled me awake and the first thing I saw was his junk in face. I screamed and punched him in the nuts. He doubled over and literally fell onto me, this woke Cindy up and she screamed and punched him in the face.

Cindy and I felt extremely bad and promised to pay for his flight, as in offer the amount he spent. Cindy did have her check book. Poor guy cried, it was truly a sight to see. I have never seen a grown guy cry, it actually made us respect him a bit more. We felt bad like really bad. He cleanly asked to us move away from him after we tried to lighten the mood when Cindy made a comment about us laughing about this in couple of months. I don't think he found her cute nor did he find the situation funny at all. I probably decreased the chance of him having a child and Cindy gave him a black eye. On the bright side, he was rocking the black eye. We made sure to tell him, he just gave us the stink eye. There was one first class seat available so he got an upgrade.

Cindy and I wanted to book first class but there wasn't enough seats so we had to book commercial. We basically booked the tickets last minute. Not the smartest thing but I didn't care, I had to go home as soon as possible.

My brother found his mate. This was a big deal.

"My phone is off"Cindy said sounding annoyed when we stood outside the airport.

I went in my side bag to retrieve my phone. It wasn't there.

"Damn"I said turning to my best friend knowing that she wouldn't like what I had to say.

By the time I turned to her, she already knew.

"What?"Cindy asked hoping I wouldn't give her the answer she feared.

"I forgot my phone in Paris"I bite my lips nervously.

If there is one thing Cindy hates about me, it's how irresponsible I can be with things she thinks is important. Such as having a cell phone with me at all times.

I'm not good with technology. I haven't been like those who were glued to the tv growing up. I was out in the mud, getting scars and having fun. Now that I have my wolf, all my scars heal almost as soon as I get them. Every scar I have are from my childhood and I have a story for each.

Cindy and I had multiple arguments about the importance of having a phone. I told her I didn't need one, she reminded that there aren't nice people out there in the world and I needed to have one just in case. I showed her my biceps, which wasn't much to look out but I'm a werewolf shifter. I can kick ass when I want.

"You can't forget your phone!"she moaned looking like she was seconds away from crying.

I wanted to say 'too late' but decided to keep my mouth shut.

My mama didn't raise no fool. You gotta pick your battles. In this case I won't have won.

"I got no cash on me."she informed me.

"Well I don't a lot of cash with me. It isn't enough for taxi"I said nervously biting my lips.

"We can barrow someone's phone"she suggested her face glowing with hope.

I wished I didn't have to let her down once again.

"I don't know anyone's number of by heart"closing my eyes knowing what's coming.

"Damn it!"she almost screamed. "Are you fricking kidding me!"she said with gritted teeth.

We both shrink as we lose hope but then I remember my father calling her to reach me. I made her save his number.