Chapter twenty four

Lily

I felt really inspired by a movie I watched with Cindy earlier that day so I essentially locked myself in my room, drawing up different designs of outfits I plan to make. I was already obsessed with it and I couldn't wait to make it come true. Cindy and I were due to go and purchase the right materials and fabrics to make it. I wanted one of the dresses in at least three different colours.

I heard a knock at my door, I refrained from groaning. Everyone knew when I have a sock on the door knob to not disturb me because I was in the creative zone. Yes, I knew that people put socks on the door for completely different other reason, I learnt that the hard way when my dad came barging in my room couple years back thinking that I was entertaining a boy in my room. The look on his face then still gave me nightmares. There was a minute of awkward moment of us just blinking blankly at each other. At the time I had no idea why he came in my room ready to kill someone. He just cleared his throat and slowly walked back and closed my door. It wasn't until Cameron told me what dad thought was happening. I confronted him because I was pissed that he didn't trust me enough not to do that, that's when he told me the whole sock on the door meaning.

His scent was what hit me first, it calmed my annoyance by two percent. I didn't have to look up to confirm who it was because even if I didn't have my smelling sense, I could always tell when he was around me. It was like his soul called out to mine. Now I wasn't saying that to sound mushy or romantic, I was stating a mere fact.

The butterflies awaken when he's near and it annoyed the heck out of me, always had and probably always would. Looking back at things, I think that's how I started my first argument with him. I didn't understand then and if I was being totally honest, I don't think I even understand now. I just knew that he made my tummy feel weird and I hated it.

"How can I help you?"I tried to act nonchalant and causal as I continued my sketch and not look up at him but I knew my beating heart gave everything away.

"We are going on a date"he dropped on me.

I blinked at my drawing of the dress then slowly raised my eyes to meet his.

I frowned and blinked up at him.

"Come again?"I said very slowly.

"You me date."he said mocking me and speaking to me like I was slow.

He turned around after dropping the bomb on me. I opened my mouth to say something but I didn't need to because he spun back around and clicked his tongue "Oh and wear something fancy"he said casually like this was a normal thing to say to me.

He didn't even give me the chance to reply, just turned to walk off but I quickly stood up and grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Wait wait stop what?"

He huffed like I was an annoyance to him. I refrained from pinching him even though my fingers were practically itching to do just that.

"Got a lead."he said leaning on the door frame, causing me to let go of his arm.

"That guy she met up with in Stanford in staying at some hotel an hour away. My source tells me he has a business meeting at this fancy restaurant tonight."

I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Honestly I couldn't. If I could I would have never allowed myself to be let down. Part of me, like a huge part thought he was actually telling me we were going on a date. A real date.

I would have declined of course but still.

-sure you would have-

I would have...