Chapter twelve

Liam

She could never sit on the chair like a normal. This wasn't surprising, I don't think you can put both normal and Delilah in the same sentence. She has one feet under her and the other bent, taping a pen on her that knees. Her head was thrown back and she was staring up at the ceiling blowing bubbles with her gum. She looked bored, I didn't blame her. We have been here for awhile.

I tried to focus on the task in hand but my eyes kept falling back to her. She was enticing and entertaining , she doesn't even need to be doing something.

She looked the same but different from four or so years ago. Her long beautiful silky chestnut hair has been cut to her shoulders. Her hazel eyes seemed brighter. Her lips red, pouty and full. She looked happier, lighter like she wasn't carrying much in her shoulders anymore.

I watched the bubble burst and stick on her lipgloss coated lips. I had never been so jealous of a piece of gum in my life.

She caught me staring at her and I didn't bother looking away, a nice guy would. I just gave her one of my grins to which she rolled her eyes and looked away like always. I knew she was aware of me now.

A nice guy would also stop staring to make her feel comfortable and not moving around in her seat like she is now but I have never been called nice before so why start acting like I am now?

I could see that she was starting to get annoyed and I had to hold back the laughter trying to burst out.

As soon as Delilah arrived, my attention went to her like always. My eyes automatically started following her like a lost puppy. She gave us a collective greeting, all but Enzo who she selected to give a kiss on the cheek to. He mumbled back a greeting his fingers busy on his keyboard.

Enzo and her had always been super close, something that annoyed me but forced myself to accept.

Then she made herself comfortable taking her shoes and socks off and settling on one of the chairs. Her toes were painted baby pink.

"Okay so Enzo got everything mapped out. Found most of her stops, I'm sure there is many more. Man she's has been everywhere"Cameron said looking at the folder Enzo handed him.

Enzo, Bryce, Locke, Cameron, Delilah and I have been in Cameron's home office trying to plan what we are going to be doing. We want to figure of Dr. Shaw murder as soon as possible and how does it relate to Ryan. And who the hell is the healer?

"Yeah Vinnie helped out a bit"Enzo said absently his eyes never leaving his laptop.

"Okay"Cameron said closing the folder and throwing it on the table only for Delilah to pick it up.
"Every time I see her body I get sick. Even if it's a picture"

"Tell me about it."Delilah mumbled. "Think I lost my appetite"she closed the case folder back on the table.

"Mmm"

We all turned to Bryce who is munching on a burrito. He threw his head back and sighed as if it was the best food he ever ate.

When he noticed all of us staring at him, he stopped chewing.

"What?"he spoke mouth full.

"How can you eat right now?"Delilah asked.

"Hey! Don't judge me alright. I'm hungry, I skipped breakfast since someone rushed us out"he said glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes.

"I woke you up hundred times to eat before we left but you wanted to sleep"I reminded him.

"I wonder why? You made us ride out here without stopping once"

"Poor Bryce"Delilah reaches out to ruffle his hair.