Chapter fourteen

Liam wasn't kidding about his mum's hair. It was...really bad. Like really bad. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry for her. She was somehow rocking it like she would do with everything else because she was Mi na Jacobs.

"Stop staring at her hair, you're making it obvious"Liam whispered in my ears making me shiver.

I hope he didn't notice my shiver or read too into it.

I tilted my head up only to see him smirk down at me. He definitely noticed. I rolled my eyes.

Damn. I really need to control it. It has happened way too many times for me not to be used to it no more.

"I can't help it. It's right in front of me"I whispered back.

We sneaked into the house to surprise everyone since I haven't seen them in months. They came for graduation and we had a lovely dinner after. There was only one person in the two houses which was aunt Mi na. Aunty Mi na sat in her couch, her legs crossed and on her coffee table, something she definitely wouldn't have done if she knew her son was here. She told him off every time he does it. She had some kind of a fashion magazine on her lap and a cup of coffee in her hands.

She looked so cool. She really did. I loved Aunt Mi na's fashion senses. It was difficult to describe it, it was just her.

Liam cleared his throat and Mi na's head snapped up. She gasped when her eyes hit me. She almost dropped her cup of coffee in the rush of getting to me. She placed it down on the table and literally jumped over the coffee table to reach me.

When she did she hugged me so tight that I had hard time breathing but I didn't care. For a petite woman she was really strong as she lifted me up. I chuckled managing to wrap my legs around her. We definitely looked like two crazy women but we didn't care. I loved Aunty Mi na because she was like my best friend.

"My baby girl is back!"she all but screamed in my ears.

I was busy chuckling to mind.

She let me go and I was on my feet. She placed her hands on each side of my face and pulled me down to give me kisses on my cheeks and hug me tight.

"What am I? A chopped liver?"

She pulled away to glare at her son jokingly before wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Oh hush"she scolds her son and sends me a wink.

Liam always got jealous when his mum shown me lots of love in front of him. When she hugged him too much, he would complain. I remember feeling bad one time so I went to hug her, Liam all but pushed me out of the way and went to hug her instead and scowled at me, telling me that it was his mum not mine. I really getting angry because in my fall I ruined my favourite shoes. I pushed him on the floor and started hitting him. Aunt Mi na had to pull us away. I think that's when our weird relationship started. We were good friends until then.

"I do love you Liam but then I remember that your first words were dada instead of mama. You know the word I have been trying to teach you since the day you were born. My beautiful Lily's first word after mama was Mi na and I literally saw her be born into this world so she's my favourite"his mum said pulling away slightly and looking up her overly tall son.

I couldn't help but stick my tongue at Liam.

My mouth went dry as I saw his eyes change into something darker. His eyes flicked on my tongue then back to mine as he gave me a heated look. My eyes bugged out and I quickly turned away even his heated look registered in my head.

"You sure know how to humble me mum"Liam said amusement lacing his voice.

I chanced a look and watched him kiss his mother's head before letting her go.