Chapter sixteen

I got out of the car, feeling stiff after a long drive from moonlight. We left really early this morning, just after the sunset and it was almost midnight now. I stretched, feeling my limbs that were kept tight in the car all day.

Surprisingly I wasn't hungry, that might have been because Liam stopped every three hours to make sure I ate something. If I was hungry then he would go to the nearest gas station to buy me snacks or local diners to buy me food. If he wasn't the one driving then he would make the person driving do it.

Cindy was either reading or sleeping. I don't think she felt the journey at all.

"Wow it's dark already"

We all looked at her blankly.

"That seemed like a short ride"she said getting her book and holding it to her chest.

"Trust me darling, that was no short drive."Liam muttered closing his door.

I got cold in the journey so half way Liam gave me his leather jacket. I had it on now and it was too large on me but it smelled like him and kept me warm so I didn't give it back to him.

"How many room did you book?"Liam asked Enzo.

"It's a small hotel and they only had two hotel rooms available"

Bryce walked to Cindy, throw his arms around her shoulders. Cindy looked at him with a raise eye brow.

"So what do you say Cindy"he wiggles his brows "wanna share a room"

Cindy rolled her eyes, a smile touching her lips knowing that he was just playing around and pushed him away.

"Get real"she replied.

Bryce gasped and clenched his chest over his heart as if she physically broke his heart.

We knew he was joking, probably wanted to get a rise out of Enzo. Bryce didn't take much seriously but he wasn't a dumb guy, he could see something happening between her and Enzo.

Enzo smacked the back of his head and then acted like nothing happened the next second, he held on to Cindy's hand and walked towards the hotel.

Bryce and I shared a knowing look. Liam was either oblivious to everything or didn't care much for it as walked in front us.

"I was thinking, girls in one room, boys in the other"Enzo spoke when we stood the entrance of the small friendly hotel.

"Boring"Bryce said yawning and sending me a wink when I glanced at him.

I chuckled at his silliness.

"You can stay with us Brycie"I said.

His eyes lit up with a little excitement.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah why not? We were going to watch some chick flick and paint our nails"I replied watching his smile fade slowly. I couldn't help but add "I have this face mask and I really want to try it on you"

We were more likely to just knock out as soon as we made it to our room.

His face dropped "never mind"he mumbled probably remembering the time that Izzy, Liam sister and I put face mask on him, it was one of those you peel off that makes your eyes teary and could be uncomfortable.

We all chuckled.

We ended up doing what Enzo suggested and going to our separate rooms. Liam didn't ask for his jacket back and I didn't offer to give it up. It was kind of...growing on me.

There were two doubles but Cindy and I just slept in one, cuddling to keep each other warm. We fell asleep in no time and only woke up at the knock of someone on our room door in the morning.