Chapter fifteen

Lily

I was lying down on the floor, my head on Cindy hips and Bryce's heavy head was on my legs. We sat in silently watching Enzo and Liam plan out our route for the next day. They were on their feet looking at a map they stuck on the wall. We were all at Liam's house, which was going under reconstruction as he was renovating the house he brought couple years back.

We came here for privacy and the quiet, some thing we would have not gotten in his parent's house or Bryce's, definitely not with Little Dylan's friends over.

It was exciting to see how far he came, I remember being with him when he brought this house. He had just turned 18. It was tiny and old, a place that no one would look at it twice which I guess was the reason why it was sold to him so quick and cheap. It belonged to an old man who didn't have any other family who wanted to live there ever, he wanted to move to a smaller town couple hours away to be closer to his grand babies.

What people failed to see and what Liam saw was that the house was built in a huge land, people were to busy judging the house from the front that they didn't see the back of that house. The amount of land there was.

Liam wanted a family house, some where his future children can feel safe and feel like they belong. It wasn't pretty far from his parents but far enough that he would have his own space and private time. He had neighbours but they weren't too close to him. It wasn't isolated like Cameron's and my parents but his land was large enough that he had a safe, private space.

The house it is now was not the house it was then. He got rid of the previous house and replace it with something bigger and family like home.

I remember when I came with him and he was telling me his plans and asking for my opinion on certain things. I liked how deeply he was paying attention to my suggestions and I liked how I could see what I put in and what he did come to live. The kitchen was huge and almost completed. The bathrooms were done, most of the rooms were down. The master bedroom had to be my favourite, it had a balcony and a huge walk-in closet.

The house is not completed. He is still building it. I asked why it taking so long. He told me that he lost inspiration for awhile but got back to it recently. I couldn't wait to see how it would look when everything was completed.

Cameron knew how he wanted his house to be since he was fourteen. I just care enough to want my own house. I liked living with my parents and I knew I wanted to go and study somewhere else so I don't see any point of having a house built for me.

I loved redwood but I felt like there was something else waiting for me.

I think somethings are just meant to happen. If I didn't got to New York to study, I would have never met Cindy. I can put my hands up and say that I finally met a female friend that I hope to have in my life forever. She had been my rock and never gave up on me even when I was a total a-hole to her at the beginning.

Bryce, Cindy and I were passing the crisp packet to each other hoping the other two would come into a decision for the route soon because the rest of us were bored.

"He sure does have a cute butt. I just want to bite it"Cindy said looking at Enzo's butt like it was her next meal.

My eyes bugged out and for a second I couldn't believe that Cindy has said that. It wasn't like we don't talk like this to each other but here now and basically to his face. No way!

"That's my queue to get up, go for a walk and to pretend that I didn't hear that"Bryce said walking out of the house.

Cindy sat up straight. Her eyes bugging out like mine did just a second ago.