Chapter three

Lily

Couple days have went by fast as Cindy and I were kept busy at our task.

Miss Maribel needed the dresses as soon as possible making my deadline closer. I'm so glad I decided to do it way before the deadline and didn't save it to last minute because I would be losing hair right about now.

Miss Maribel is a famous designer and she has fashion shows annually. It's so popular, celebrities come to it.

I was a giggling mess when she noticed my work and ask me to be part of her fashion show and to be my mentor. Me. A girl from a small town. She wanted me. I of course jumped at the chance.

Apparently she had seen my work before, one of my college teachers being a friend of hers and wanted to meet me for years. I was on the moon. Seriously. I don't think I smiled so big in my life.

I have heard stories about miss Maribel. Some say she's a snob. Some say that she is overrated and rude. I think she's just too honest. If your work is crap, she will tell you straight and that's why I have been one of her biggest fan.

Miss Maribel is a short lady, in her late fifties. Born in France and is career driven. She was single until she met her now husband Kevin in London. I have met Kevin briefly and he seems like the one to ruffle her feathers a bit. Or as Cindy says it, remove the large stick up her butthole. You have got to love Cindy.

Cindy and I woke up really early today because miss Maribel wanted to meet us before the sun was up.

"We should have rented a car"Cindy says squeezing herself into the back seat of the taxi with me.

The taxi is tiny and really uncomfortable.

"We don't know the roads properly"I points out.

She raises one of her perfect eye brows.

"Girl. You ain't fooling no one. You catch on go things real fast."she says

"I promised my parents I won't drive. That was the deal of allowing me to leave home. Apparently I'm a bad driver"I tell her.

"You are a bad driver. I always think I'm going to die in the car with you"

"That's why you always call you parents and tell them you love them"I almost gasp.

"Yes"she states.

Ouch.

"Then why do you want me to drive?"

"I never said I wanted you to drive. I said we should have rented a car. I would have drove and you would have directed me."she tells.

I snort.

"What?"she looks at me from the corner of her eyes.

"You have road rage"

"Excuse me?"

"Honey. You get really angry when driving. You say words I never heard from you mouth. Words I don't even know"

"It's the idiots I share the road with. They don't know how to drive. They just get me so angry and I never lose my cool"

"Of course. You're right!"I tell her.

"So where are you guys going?"the man asks in french accent.

I tell the taxi man the destination and it is a quick drive. 30 minutes later we arrive at Miss Maribel studio.

"Lilly my flower"she greets giving me air kisses on both side of my face.

She lets me go and notices Cindy is with me. Her smile vanishes suddenly and she gives Cindy one of her cold greeting.