Chapter twenty six

Lily

We decided that we would try out some new restaurant nearby the fancy one we just left. It wasn't as big or as glamours but it wasn't a punch in the wall either. It was beautiful in it's own way. It was simply decorated but had the homey touch where people can just come and feel at place. It had picture frames but unlike uncle Vinnie's, Enzo and Vinnie's father, the picture frames weren't filled with family and friend pictures, instead this restaurant had pictures of random things.

We were greeted with warm smiles and pleasantries. We were also greeted with weird looks, it wasn't nasty but it was clear that people thought we were overly dressed, and we definitely were. We were seated and handed menu. The menu wasn't in a leather wallet of some kind, instead it was a printed on a3 poster.

"Ohh smells so good here. I don't think I have been so excited to eat in my life"I said, my eyes still glued to the menu so I missed Liam's eyes on me or his little amused warm smile directed at me.

I couldn't decide on what I wanted to eat, everything sounded so good.

"I can't pick"I told Liam, this time I looked at him.

His eyes were on me and he looked thoughtful.

"What?"I couldn't help but ask.

"Nothing"he said, cough in his fisted hand. "You just look good, that's all"

Another compliment. I could feel the blush claiming my cheeks and not because he told me that I looked good but the way he was looking at me. He meant that. He wasn't just telling me that to make me feel better or use it as a pathway to an insult. I looked good and he wanted me to know he thought that.

"I always look good"I told him with a raised eye brow, daring him to object.

"Yeah you do"he agreed.

He sat back on his chair and continued to stare at me. If he was anyone else, I would have been creeped out but he was Liam and Liam did things in a way that it wasn't even half percent creepy.

"Since I can eat a horse right about now and want everything on this menu, how about we order two mains each and share"

Never been to the restaurant but if the smell and portion size says anything it's that I'm returning here.

"Sounds good to me"

And we did just that. Turns out, although the portion was great, it wasn't enough for wolf shifters so we got the chance to order more from the menu. We couldn't leave without ordering desert.  That was like breaking a law or something and we couldn't do that so we ordered two separate things. We decided to go with something simple. I ordered chocolate cake with cookie dough frosting and rich vanilla ice cream on the side and he ordered milk cake.

"Mmmmm"I moan as the ice cream melts on my tongue"This taste so good"

I was so focused on my desert that I didn't see nor feel the heated gaze on me. If I did then I would have melted there and then.

I felt a hand on the back on my head and neck. My head was tilted slightly up and my vision was filled with Liam. I didn't realise he had gotten up.

Before I could ask him what they hell was up his ass, he leaned even closer and then his tongue was in my mouth and I froze but my eye lids flattered closed. Then without my brain fully registering, my hands were in his hair and our tongues were entwined. I was kissing him. He tilted his head to deepen the kiss and I let him. I pulled him closer.

We pulled away from each other to catch our breath.

"You are right. It does taste good"he said, moving away and back in his seat.