Chapter twenty three

Enzo was back in redwood after being away for couple days with the new couple. I'm surprised they were sharing time with someone other than themselves.

I know I sounded bitter and I wasn't. Again, I was happy for my brother and his beautiful mate who seemed awesome but I feel like I haven't spent time with my brother for decades. I know it was mostly my fault, as I was away for the past four to five years and held an ugly grudge for too long.

I guess part of me was jealous too. It has always been Cameron and I. We came into this world together. We always knew what the other person was thinking, we even took the blame for each other sometimes but the argument we had couple years ago drilled a big hole between us and I was afraid that we were never going to get back to the way we were.

He was my best friend. I had many best friends but he was number one and I knew I was his too. He was my twin and he had my back always- okay most of the time, excluding the times Liam and I had fights. He usually stayed away from us.

But with the new mystery surrounding Joe and the unsolved murder of Linda as well as the little riddle she kindly left us, and him finding his mate, I felt like we were never going to spend time with each other and catch up properly. I was afraid that we were never going to be like we were before and it would be too late.

We were cool. As in we weren't pissed at each other anymore. We both recognised our stupid mistake and our immature ways which was great. But I wanted to have our twin day out. The day we just spend time together, shoot some shit, drink, talk, eat and come up with ways to drive our parents crazy. Like the good old days.

Life was changing, pulling us separate ways and making me believe that we were never going to get back the time we wasted. I felt that the distance we created between us would get bigger and continue to get bigger until we become strangers. Obviously that wasn't really possible because we were twins, siblings and share the same overbearing parents that would never let that happen. I just don't want to see him only on family gatherings. I want to have twin day out, at least once a month.

Cameron wasn't the only brother I was worried about. Grayson, my beautiful baby brother who seemed to hate me more and more each day.

I had tried speaking to him countless time since he came back and he had just ignored me. I enter the room, he leaves. He even bumped my shoulder when he was walking past me. He treated me like a stranger. A mere stranger that annoyed the hell out of him. It hurt. Really hurt.

Grayson was the nicest guy I knew and I wasn't saying that because he was my brother. That was just the fact. Ask anyone in redwood and you would get the same answer. He was a good guy. Nice to everyone. I haven't met anyone who hated him and I don't think I ever would. Even if he didn't like you, he wouldn't be outwardly rude to you. He won't be fake and laugh or shoot some shit with you but he wouldn't exclude you or make you feel like shit. So this new found coldness towards me was so destroying me.

I hated it.

I hated that he wasn't talking to me or acting like I didn't exist. He wasn't even hiding it. My parents asked us multiple times what was going on with us but neither of us answers.

I needed to do something. To fix us. To fix my relationships with my brother before it was too late. Before they both move on with their lives and act like I didn't exist and treat me like the distance family member they have to see at family gatherings. I could just imagine the little barbecue they would invite each other but forget to invite me.

-you're panicking which is kinda ruin my vibe. You need to breathe-

I let out a breath.

I almost felt defeated.