Chapter eleven

My mouth went dry as I fully took him in. Four years may seem so little but apparently a lot of things have changed. He looked different than four years ago. He was taller, hair shorter, looked more mature. His jaw looked more defined and sharper.

Liam Jacob has always managed to get some sort of reaction from just seeing him. It never mattered how I felt towards him at the moment of time, my heart always raced when he was near and it annoyed me. I hated that he had that much power over me, that he was the only one that can make me act stupid.

He was a tall man, much taller than my 5 ft 7, almost a foot taller for sure. He had broad shoulders, narrowed waist and bulging muscles. He had thick dark hair that always seemed to lie on his head in a perfect style. I knew he didn't do much to his hair but it was always on point, not even a single hair out of place, this can make a girl like me jealous. His dark hair matched his dark eyes.

When you look at Liam Jacobs you would think his tall, dark, handsome and definitely mysterious. When you get to know him you realise he's actually a straightforward person and there isn't much left to mystery. He's blunt which can be mistaken as rude, friendly if he likes you and respects you, he's indifferent if he doesn't.

Liam is also a big fat player. We lived hours apart and I would here about his personal life from my school. Girls from my school would drool and discuss about him in front of me like it was nothing. Heck some wanted to be my friend because I knew him. I lost count of how many times girls I have never spoken to came to my house unannounced when he was in town or would invite themselves when we hang out.

Liam and I always have a complicated relationship, we got along sometimes and other times we wanted to rip each other's heads off. I can't even tell you how many times Cameron, our middle man, had to pull us of each other after we got into an argument. We always seem to make up after that and joke around. We were weird. We hated each other but no love was lost. I considered him one of my best friends even though we argued and fought half of the time.

We made a pact, no messing around with each other's friend. I don't know who came up with that idea but we both agreed. I kept that promise, he on the other hand didn't. And that's why we didn't talk anymore.

The first friend I had when I moved to Redwood was this girl. She was the first and pretty much only female friend I had. We got much closer in middle school and high school when I realised that she didn't want to date any of my male friends or brother. I mean she made it pretty clear by how she spoke about them. I thought that since she wasn't interested in any of my male friends, she was trying to befriend me to get closer to them. She made it so clear about that. We got closer and I thought she was very cool. She would come to my house to hang out, have sleepovers, we would go out for double dates and have a great time. I truly considered her a great friend. Boy didn't that thought grow and bite me in the ass.

She slept with Liam after finally meeting him 'accidentally'. She never met him before that, something I kind of made sure of. I would always tell her I'm busy and having a family day when Liam and the rest of moonlight family came to visit so she doesn't come. I don't know why, I just didn't want her to meet him.

She's all legs and boobs, had things that many teenage boys liked so I wasn't surprised when she told me that he 'hit' it. I was... I don't know what I was to be honest. I think I tried to block the fact out and tried pretend it never even happened which happened to be difficult since that's all she wanted to speak out. She was so excited and was all shI tried to show that it didn't bother me. I tried to convince myself of it but I couldn't.

The truth was it hurt too much and I didn't want to admit it. Heck, I don't ever want to admit it out loud now. She cut me off when he didn't call back.