Chapter nine

I was sipping on my mum's homemade ice tea, swinging on the bench she built after seeing Cameron's. I had washed my hair earlier in the morning. It was still slightly wet and wavy. My hair wasn't as curly as Cindy's and was in need of a serious cut.

My face was bare, I didn't put on any makeup. I love makeup but I often let my skin breathe. I was comfortable with my skin being bare. I put on my facial cream and put on my larger than my face sunglass which was my favourite and if I didn't want to be seen, it was often the one I wore.

No face no case.

My mother joined me after a while and it wasn't long until my father being the love sick puppy he was went looking for her and found her swinging on the bench with me. He picked her up and placed her on his lap, his arm leaned back behind my shoulders.

We made small talks but mostly we sat in comfortable silent and enjoyed the day.

My father had a large land, when he brought it many years again, it only had one rusty house and a beautiful lake. Couple months after Grayson was born, he decided to build a proper house for us. The house bigger, better and more suitable for a family. We had two kitchen, one of the kitchen was at the back of the house which opened to the backyard.

The backyard was spacious and often where we had our gatherings. The lake was a good distance away from us. It was near enough for the parents to over see their children if they are playing near it, but far enough that it didn't overshadow or over take our backyard.

It was my favourite part of the house. My mum and I took our time designing this place so it meant more to us than the rest of our family. It was something we done together.

It wasn't long before Sky found us. It wasn't like we were hiding from her, she was just busy playing with her dolls to give us any attention.

Cindy found my father's library and hasn't left that room ever since. My father has really old books that had been passed down to him. Most are written in Latin and since Cindy took on that language in college, she knew how to read and write in Latin.

Sky walked up to my parents and I looking all innocent but we all knew better. She kissed my mum's legs and patted it before she climbed on to the bench swing, squeezing between us.I knew hoped my mother built this well or we would all be on the floor within another second.

We all waited her to say something, watching her with a wary look. She just grinned at all of us and announces that she wants a pet rabbit.

I knew it wasn't what my parents expected. I could see from their face the didn't know exactly how to respond to that.

It was my father who spoke.

"You do know what we are right honey. Rabbits and wolves don't get along"he explains slowly.

Sky wraps her nose with the back of her hand and pushes her hair way from her face with the same hand. She jumped off the swing almost falling to her face but managed not to with the help of my father's quick reflex.

"Here are the reasons why I want a rabbit"she starts ignoring my father.

My dad just sighed and sat back on his seat, he shared a look with my mum who was trying not to laugh.

She shows us her index finger and starts to count her reasons "number one, they are so so so cute and Claire has a black one and it's so fat and cute"She exclaims with so much excitement.