Chapter twenty one

Lily

"Holy shit"I muttered to myself after hearing what I heard come out of my mother's mouth.

It was clear that Ryan's death affected my mother because she was hallucinating and calling a mere stranger 'dad'. From what I heard grandpa Dean died when my mother was twelve. He supposedly went out for a walk, something he did regularly to clear his mind.

My uncle was convinced he died because he always have a knack of knowing things like that. He could feel them if they are near him. That night, coldness came over him when he couldn't feel his father anymore and he just assumed he died knowing that his father would never abandon them.

It was clear to me that there was something going on that no one knew. I didn't know much about grandpa Dean. Every time mum spoke about him she got choked up and I had to force myself to change the subject even though I wanted to know more about him.

There was no doubt my mum loved him. Very much. She has photo album of him, Tom and her. I catch her looking at it when everyone went to bed. I knew she knew I was there always but let me think that I was sneaky. I always turned around and went back to my room sensing that she needed time alone.

All I knew about mum's dad was that his children loved him like crazy. He was the best father according to them and was great friends with my pops.

I wished things were different and I had met him.

Then my mother fainted, luckily my father wasn't far behind her and caught her before she landed on the floor.

"It wasn't me this time"my father said sounding like his panicky self but concerned too.

Normally I would have chuckled at this but I was too worried about mum to.

Joe caught my father attention and I watched as the colour drained off his face.

Mum fainted at seeing the guy and every time my mum fainted, my father panicked because my mum would give him shits for getting her pregnant again, which apparently is the only time she faints according to uncle Dylan and her, but between us, she faints when she's overwhelmed too. Cameron and I knew she truly wouldn't mind having more children. My mum loved her children, she showed it everyday.

This time around, when my mum fainted, instead of my father being overly panicky, he seemed to be in another world staring at the man named Joe. Joe was weirded out but did not say anything.

Bryce looked at me but I shrugged. I had no idea what was going on.

"I should have brought pop corn. This is like soap opera. It's giving me the shivers"Bryce whispered.

I slapped the back of his head. He moved away from me and rubbed his head. His attention was on the scene in front of him so he didn't really care about me slapping his head like he was my grandchild.

"Dad why do you look like you've seen a ghost"I asked sounding weirded out because it was starting to freak me out.

My dad didn't move his eyes from Joe but answered

"Because I think I'm seeing one"

Silence.

Bryce and I shared a look. We were both confused and looked at each other like the other person had the answer. He raised his brow to say well he's your father. I shrugged because I had no idea. I didn't understand the situation at all.

This was a long day. It was a terrible day. We all had been through a lot, especially my brother. We all lost someone today so it was okay to be a little crazy. But this was too much. My mother got so overwhelmed that she passed out. My father looked like he saw a ghost.