Chapter seventeen

"Will you act normal?"I spoke through the side of my mouth.

"I am"Liam said through gritted teeth.

"You're too stiff. No one is going to speak to us if you are like this"I told him truthful.

"Then how am I suppose to act like"

I rolled my eyes.

"Here"I brought his arm up and wrapped it around my shoulders. "Now look like you're in love with me"

He seemed to be unmoving for a second, not saying anything but blinking.

"What?"he asked.

"People are more likely to talk to a couple travelling through than two people who are walking around all stiff acting like cops. People don't like talking to the cops, makes them nervous and twitchy."I explained.

"Okay"he said slowly pulling me closer to him.

"We didn't go to the diner yesterday because it was busy"Liam said discreetly nodding at diner.

I give him a lovely smile and wrap my arms around his waist. It was all for show of course.

"Well then babe. Lead the way"

"Babe?"

His lips was tilted up as he looked down at me with amusement filling his eyes. I narrowed mine and kept myself from pinching him.

"Shut up and start walking"I snapped making him chuckle.

He lead us to the diner and just like most small town diners, this one had the bell that rang when someone enters. The diner was small, clean and shiny. It looked new like they renovated the place recently. They seemed to keep the 70's theme. It was colourful, loud and exciting with different pictures on the wall and even a disco ball on one of side of the diner.

A tall white lady with greying hair came to greet us.

"Oh you must be new here"she said."I know every face in this town, been here all my life and I haven't seen you two around here before"

We both smiled at the woman but it was Liam who spoke "we are just travelling through. We heard about this town from a friend that visited couple months ago"

Too soon. Way too soon.

I pinched him.

"She lives here?"

We literally just said- never mind.

"No she was just travelling through too. She stayed here for a bit though"I said quickly with a friendly smile.

"As I said I know everyone here. Never forget a face, me. My father says I got a mind of a elephant"

Liam and I shared a discreet glance. If what this woman was saying was correct then she could help us with our little mission.

"Oh how rude of me. How about you two lovelies find a seat and I will be out to bring you guys your menu"

Liam opened his mouth and if I know him like I think I know him, he would probably ask her the questions now rather then wait to do it later.

I pinched him. His head snapped down to mine and giving me a what the fuck look. I replied shut up with my eyes. I hoped the message when across well. It must have because he kept his mouth shut.