25. Well and Truly His [M]

Content Warnings: Explicit sexual content and blood drinking.

Isaac held his thrall tightly against himself, carrying him in the direction of his quarters. The boy was light and effortless to hold – perfect in his arms. He allowed the relief to wash over him, not realizing how nervous he had truly been.

What would he have done if the king had decided to keep Juniper? He honestly wasn't sure. If it had been any other slave, there would have been no question.

Apathetic, staunch, rule-follower Crown Prince Isaac would have done as his sire ordered, regardless of desirable rare blood. But Juniper, the prince now conceded, meant more to him than his blood ranking.

The boy shifted in his arms, and he looked down into those spectacular blue eyes. A gentle hand came to rest on Isaac's chest, over his beating heart. He looked worn, more fragile than ever, the events taking a heavy toll on him. Isaac knew he would likely fall unconscious at any moment.

"I'm glad you feel better," Juniper said as soft as a whisper, sincerity pouring from his eyes.

This boy was far too perceptive. Isaac was sure he never gave away his feelings to anyone, a true master of cold facade.

With Juniper, the prince didn't mind surrendering to those feelings. How could such a tender little thing break him down and affect him so?

"Me too," Isaac replied, the slightest smile teasing the edges of his lips. "I told you that you were mine."

Juniper beamed up at him, the warm gesture draining away the last of his strength. His eyes fell closed, and his body went limp in Isaac's hold. Exhaustion had taken over.

"You did well, sweet boy," the prince said, knowing that Juniper could no longer hear him.

They came to the halls of Isaac's living quarters, and there stood a lone figure waiting for them. Phoenix.

The boy had done his best to appear pristine and elegant as usual, but he couldn't fully mask the strained look in his eyes.

"Master," the boy said with a perfect bow of his head.

It wasn't like him to put on a meek act, but he seemed to be getting desperate for attention. Isaac truly wanted to dismiss him and spend the night holding Juniper close, but he had a responsibility towards his other thrall.

"Come, Phoenix," the prince commanded, and the boy followed them to the bedroom.

Isaac carefully placed Juniper on the bed and then pulled the warm covers over him. He supposed the boy could use the rest. He felt a bit drained himself. He pulled his eyes away and turned to see Phoenix kneeling by an armchair.

Isaac wondered for a moment, looking at the picture-perfect thrall, presenting himself as enticingly as he could. What was he going to do with him? He didn't desire his body anymore, and he didn't particularly crave his blood. Perhaps, Phoenix's time with him was coming to an end, like the many others before him.

Just then, a thought struck the prince. Would he eventually feel this way about Juniper? Maybe someday...but as he considered it, his heart clenched. He had already acknowledged how differently he felt about his new thrall. He couldn't foresee the boy boring him anytime soon.

Isaac walked over to the armchair. He loosened his tie, unbuttoned his suit jacket, and sat down. Phoenix kept his head lowered.

"Rise, Phoenix."

The boy obeyed, and Isaac pulled him onto his lap.

"I'm tired tonight, but I will give you what you need."