Breakfast And Greetings

It took a while For Liu Quiaqio to digest this piece of information, and when he did it felt like a piece of hard bread being shoved that his throat. Why did he feel that way? the guilt? Or the fact that he still loved the emperor? After all, 15 years' worth of feelings can't disappear overnight, but this doesn't mean he will waste his life and hurt his loved one again. Since 15 years' worth of feeling can't disappear overnight then he will use the years to come to completely move on.

"Your majesty? The crown prince is still waiting," reminded Li Dani politely.

"Yes, let Hu'er in." Responded the empress with a rare, almost never seen gentle smile. Li Dani was taken back but quickly recovered his professionalism, and went to let the crown prince know the answer of his mother empress. After a while, the crown prince walked in with a look of pure shock on his face.

"This prince greet-" The prince was trying to say as he cupped his hands to bend over, but was cut off short when he was suddenly lifted up by the empress who had a big smile on his face as his eyes brimmed with tears.

"You don't have to bow, nor do you have to call me empress mother, the title mother is fine," Liu Qiuqio said with a genuine smile on his face as he hugged his son into his neck.

"Mother," said the prince.

"Yes, Hu'er mother is here." Responded as he felt warmth feeling up his heart.

"Mother," repeated the prince.

"Yes, Hu'er." Responded the Empress patiently with a choked voice.

"Mother!" Sobbed the prince, his voice filled with years of grievances.

"Hu'er!" That seemed to be the breaking point the empress, hearing the voice of his five-year-old son filled with grievances he felt his heart shatter.

After the crying and the reconciliation the mother and son hugged and talked about everything, the mother kept apologizing and the son kept on denying the apologies and soon it was time for breakfast and the other two kids arrived.

"Mother." A girly voice called out meekly

"M-mother," Called out another voice.

"Come here Tao'er and Ruan'er," called out Liu Qiuqiao in a gentle voice.

Both the Little girl and seemed to be taken back but nevertheless complied as soon as they got in front of their mother they were held into a foreign yet familiar embrace, a warm embrace.

"Empr-" But the princess Ruan'er's voice was cut short.

"No, you just call me mother ok?" Told the empress in a soothing voice and the girl nodded and looked over at her little brother, Tao'er.

"M- Mo-Mother," called Tao'er in a meek voice.

"Good!" Said the empress with a satisfied smile.

After the heartfelt and warm moment, the empress ordered for breakfast to be brought in, and the kids ate with relish. After eating the empress sent Li Dani to get a seamstress. The seamstress arrived about 30 min later. 

"Ruan'er, how about you pick the clothes for us and tell them how you all of us to dress for the upcoming banquets?" asked the empress. She knew Ruan'er had a lot of talent in Fashion, and that's why he used her in his past life to make clothes to impress the emperor, He went as far a sacrificing his child's dream for his selfishness.

"Me?!" Asked Princess Ruan Li

"Yes, of course, you! Mother knows you're very interested in clothing you can use this as practice." He said with a doting smile, but he knows the clothes will be a masterpiece with some help from him and the seamstress. This time he plans to support his child starting at the young age of 3. The child is not a genius so he will make some mistakes and will not understand most of the things and she also can't draw that but she can give a description and the seamstress and he will make some adjustments to it. The smile on his little princess's face is worth the risk of wearing ruined clothes to the banquet.