She Was Just A Girl

The empress awoke the next day looking disheveled. The servants and his children were concerned; their empress hadn't looked like this in a long time. He skipped morning greeting and sulked the entire day away in bed. All of his plans for today have been canceled as well.

"Are you okay, Quiaqio?" As she entered the chamber, the Grand Princess questioned the Empress. She rushed to find out what was wrong when Li Dani told her the empress had spent the entire day sulking in bed.

"Am I a bad person?" The empress inquired, his voice breaking. As he gripped the Grand Princess' garment, his blue eyes glistened with tears, and his lips were pursed. The sight on his face alone is enough to shatter anyone's heart. How could someone be that... broken?

"Of course not; we're all flawed in some way. Whether you're an emperor or a slave, we all have one thing in common: flaws." As he sat on the side of the bed, he gently stroked the empress's head, Li Dani remarked. He'd never seen his friend break like that before.

"You're just trying to cheer me up, aren't you?" As he pouted, the empress remarked.

"Clearly, what else do you think?" While flicking the empress's forehead, Li Dani remarked. But he knew the empress was aware of his sincerity. He paused for a minute before bringing up yet another serious subject with the empress.

"Are you still in love with him?" Li Dani inquired of the empress, who was now resting his head on his lap.

"I just... I'm not sure." The empress couldn't put into words how he felt. This was the guy he had loved for seventeen years, but also the man who had murdered his children in his previous life. Is he supposed to despise him? Is it possible for him to forgive and move on? But it seemed like both possibilities were difficult to choose from

The empress spent the rest of the afternoon raving to his closest friends; Imperial Wife Yan eventually joined them, and the empress was quickly cheered up. His heart felt congested, maybe it because he was holding so much in. He decided not to tell his friends about his rebirth, but he did tell them about the events that occurred earlier in this timeline. After informing them, he felt refreshed.

When the children returned from their courses, the empress was already feeling better; he was still a bit sullen from his nightmare, but his mood had improved significantly. The empress entertained his children by cooking their favorite snacks. The empress was having a fantastic time when he was suddenly interrupted.

"I apologize for disrupting the empress, but eunuch Gao came to report something and appeared to be a little worried." Wu Linlin, one of the empress's personal maids, gently told the empress.

"Take the children to the empress dowager's palace and tell eunuch Gao to come in." The empress instructed. Eunuch Gao was a second-rank Eunuch, so for him to be sent to inform him of something meant that something important happened. The kids were alarmed when they heard their mother's orders, but they obeyed them nonetheless. Though the Ruan'er and Tao'er were confused, Hu'er had a hunch that something bad happened. After the kids were sent away, most of the maids were dismissed. Only Li Dani and three other personal maids followed the empress into the hall.

"What happened Eunuch Gao?" The empress asked, skipping the pleasantries.

"This slave extends his greetings to His Majesty! This lowly one had come to to report an occurrence at Baihe Yard" With a slight tremor in his body, Eunuch Gao answered. He was aware of the empress's recent changes, but it still surprised him that the once warm and silly empress could suddenly be so frigid.

The empress's face got a few degrees cooler after hearing Eunuch Gao's comments, as did the hall. Baihe Yard? Wasn't that the residence of Official Lady Huifang? What happened to her? Ping Zou Biya bore the title of Official Lady Huifang, nevertheless had very little influence in the harem. She had been laying on the low ever since she came into the harem, so what went wrong now?

The Mongolian Tribe lived in Shunyan, and the Mongolian Tribe's inhabitants were known as Mongols. Because its monarchs were clever, the Mongolian Tribe used to be rather outstanding. When Ping Junjie, Ping Zou Biya's Di brother, ascended to the throne seven years ago, the kingdom descended into turmoil. At the time of his ascension, he was just twenty-three years old, whereas Zou Biya was only thirteen. Ping Junjie's harem already had approximately three dozen concubines when he was twenty-four years old. He began embezzling the royal treasury, and by the age of twenty-five, a third of the Shunyan land was starving.

Small rebellions erupted, and although though Ping Junjie was ruthless and knew he could put them down in a couple of minutes, he was frightened. He may be able to put down tiny rebellions, but what will he be able to put down when the entire country turns against him? He decided to assist with the famine, but he remembered that the royal treasury was nearly emptied at the time because of him. Unable to give up his private funds, he married his fifteen-year-old Shu sister over to the Jin empire.

Zou Biya was a very meek person who was aware of how vicious her older brother could be, so she married over quietly. She discovered she was the youngest concubine candidate when she arrived. She passed the majority of the evaluations and was chosen as a concubine. The emperor, on the other hand, was uninterested in her. She was both delighted and relieved after learning the emperor was not interested in her. She could avoid the fights of the harem. She didn't have anything else to ask as long as she could live and eat.

Because she was so young and alone, the empress stepped in to help her. The empress informed her all she needed to know about the harem. She realized how ignorant she was after listening to the empress. She was young and pure, and the emperor didn't have a large harem. In approximately a month, he could spend the night with all of them. Wouldn't he come to her when he's bored and wants to see a new face? The thought of her and the emperor terrified her, but the empress did his best to assist her.

Six months later, as predicted, the emperor took notice of her and spent the night with her. She climbed from the ranks of an Imperial Wife to an Official Lady in the first three months of her favored period. She wanted to thank the empress and express her gratitude, but the empress refused to let her do so.

The empress had forgotten about the girl he had previously aided throughout the years. Now he was remembering these memories once more. He may not be friendly, but this girl did not deserve to be treated badly. Her mother had died and left her at a young age, she had been put into a harem of a foreign at the age of fifteen, and now something awful had occurred to her once again.

"Eunuch Gao, what happened?" The empress inquired.

"Official Lady Huifang was poisoned," Eunuch Gao answered tremblingly.

Hello Lovelies! Here's an update, I know it took me long, but I finally had some free time today and decided to update. I hope you guys enjoy!

Question of the day.

When is your last day of school?