Poppies

After a brief delay, Imperial Physician Yan arrived. His forehead was drenched in sweat, giving the impression that he had just ran here. Even though he was exhausted, he dared not delay and began his examination right away. Imperial Physician Yan's expression changed frequently throughout the examination, yet he still turned to announce the findings.

"Official Lady Huifang is not poisoned, according to what this servant has gathered." As he cupped his palm and bowed, the Imperial Physician exclaimed.

"What? But Imperial Physician Li has reported that she is poisoned, was there a mistake in his examination?" The empress questioned, his whole being puzzled. He trusted Imperial Physician Yan, more than Physician Li, thus he became more suspicious of Physician Li.

"According to what this servant has learned, Official Lady Huifang has experienced severe diarrhea, vomiting, and muscle ache. But she didn't have any redness on her skin, she didn't have any rashes or redness on her lips, she wasn't sleepy, and her pulse was very stable. Additionally, she did not exhibit any signs of being poisoned progressively. But it appeared that she was not exactly of sound mind. She never responded to the questions that this servant posed to her; instead, she would only beg for sweet peanut soup. All of the questions posed to her were answered by the maid." Yan, an imperial physician, reported cordially.

What else might it be if not poisoning? Confusedly, the empress asked himself. He wasn't the only one who was perplexed; the maids who were still in the room were as well. Their mistress wasn't poisoned? The reason behind Imperial Physician Yan's denial that she had been poisoned remained unclear. While they were still unsure and doubting themselves, Imperial Wife Yan entered.

"I've discovered some clues, your Majesty." Imperial Wife Yan, reported in a solemn demeanor as she entered. She didn't resemble the cowardly harem concubine at all.

"What did you find?" The empress asked, a little hurriedly. Maybe it was because he had a lot of siblings, but to him, Official Lady Huifang was a little sister that needed protecting, so he wanted to know the reason behind her sickness. Plus the symptoms that Official Lady Huifang had also been the symptoms that Imperial Wife Yan's daughter showed in the past before she passed away. He still felt guilty for the mom and daughter so he wanted to catch the perpetrator.

"I discovered after doing some research that Official Lady Huifang likes sweet peanut soup. Although there was nothing wrong with enjoying a certain delicacy, some of the maids claimed that she was obsessed with it and couldn't cope without it for even a day." Imperial Wife Yan, reported to her with somewhat icy eyes.

"Obsessed? Why would she be obsessed?" The empress was even more sure that the person who targeted Official Lady Huifang was the same one who killed the First Princess in his last life. They even used the same means. The only thing they knew was that the First Princess, Yingtai Niu, was obsessed with bird nest soup to the point where she came to be dependent on it for her happiness, or for her to function properly. When she didn't get it she would be cranky and have severe symptoms just like that of Official Lady Huifang, and because Yun Shi was busy taking care of him in his last life, he left her daughter in the hands of her momo, but who would've thought that the momo stopped giving her the bird's nest soup altogether?  Princess Yingtai Niu was already not in the right mind thus she fell into a deep depression and hanged herself, and the person that discovered the body was her own mother. How heart-wrenching was that? This is one of the reasons the empress was hellbent on finding the instigator.

"The sweet peanut soup almost seems like opium," The empress mumbled idly but was startled by his own insight. Yes! Opium addicts who made the decision to stop taking the drug behaved exactly like Official Lady Huifang. They referred to these symptoms as withdrawal symptoms, but Official Lady Huifang did not use such substances, and opium was not legal in the Jin Empire; only individuals who were knowledgeable about the black market's dealings could obtain it. He and the emperor were present, making it hard to obtain opium. Finally raising his head, he cast a doubtful glance at Imperial Wife Yan

"It is indeed what you are assuming. Poppies are the component that gave Official Lady Huifang her obsession with sweet peanut soup. Even though it is prohibited in the Jin Empire, it is nonetheless rather common. Especially f or the Noble Ladies in particular who would prefer to sip poppy tea than abuse opium, As such, if a concubine were stealthy, they might get their hands on it." Imperial Wife Yan, said to the Empress. She was aware that her best friend had picked up on some of the hints and that all he needed was a brief explanation to fully comprehend.

He took a cold breath after hearing the explanation from Imperial Wife Yan. Princess Yingtai Niu passed away in his previous life at the moment when his condition became so bad that he was unable to even get out of bed. Princess Yingtai Niu's death was declared to be a suicide. Yun Shi had little or no time for her daughter while she was caring for him, and even though she was conducting a covert investigation, she lacked the resources required to apprehend the culprit. They both knew it wasn't true that Princess Yingtai Niu didn't commit suicide on her own and that it was someone who drove her to do it, but the empress was powerless at the time due to a loss of status. This time, however, she would see to it that the alleged perpetrator was held accountable.

"You may go on." Having become more composed, the empress instructed,

"A 12-year-old was among the maids I questioned. She wasn't that old, therefore her lips weren't so tight. She informed me that Euchuch Wu, a servant of Official Lady Lifen, and Gui Momo, who oversaw the kitchen, regularly met. Eunuch Wu usually gave her a basket of red flowers when they met up. The young maid at the time assumed that they were having an affair and did not look any further than this. She later told me that Eunuch Wu did not appear to be afraid of being seen and that, in fact, he always made sure there were a few young maids there." Imperial Wife Yan briefly described her investigation.

"Not afraid of being seen? If one were engaging in such a serious offense, they should exercise caution. However this eunuch even seeked witnesses? This Empress is concerned that there is something more to the story." The empress spoke after some thought. One of his personal maids, Jia Qi, ran into the room immediately after he said that, her face displaying anxiety.

"There's horrible news, Enuch Wu hanged himself at Fan Hall, your majesty!" In a state of terror, Jia Qi reported to the empress. The empress was taken aback, but he was still sharp enough to realize that the enemy would strike he didn't.

"Hear my decree! A ban has been placed on Fan Hall, and it will remain in effect until the investigation is over. Without the empress' explicit approval, not even the highest-ranking officials or concubines are allowed to visit there! The guards will be executed if they permit even one person inside."The empress issued this command with a cold voice, the coldness of his voice chilled the servants in the room. "Bestow my command," The empress instructed.

"Li Dani look into everything regarding Eunuch Wu, and see whether he has any relatives working in the palace," The empress said. Low in tones, the empress gave Li Dani his orders.

Sweet peanut soup^^^

Hello lovelies! Here's another update!

Question of the day.

What is your favorite thing you own and why?