Family

After a while of talking, gossiping, and flattering the tea party finally ended. There wasn't any drama, and it was expected since the main wives of this generation decided to stick together since few of them were favored by the husbands. They have more things to relate to than to fight about.

The empress went back to his palace after the tea party and started finishing the decorations of his palace, and started sewing some dresses. The empress didn't look too happy, and his mood stayed like that for the next month.

A month has gone by and people started worrying about the empress. His mood has become very unstable since the tea party. He would constantly cry and yell, even though he tried his best to hold back not to yell at the servants, but what the empress didn't know is that the servants saw his tantrums as cute instead of traumatizing. But surprisingly after a month of sulking the emotionally unstable empress summoned his family to the palace.

                                                                             In the Dragon Palace.

 "He actually dares to summon his family in this palace?!" The emperor said after the guard reported what he heard at the empress's palace.

"He could summon his family anytime, it's his family." A cold voice responded to the emperor as the person made her way into the emperor's palace.

"This is not your business Chyou Ai stay out of it." Responded the emperor to the cold voice who was non-other than the Grand Princess herself.

"It's my business if it's Liu'er's business." The Grand Princess jabbed back at the angered emperor.

"I'm you brother!" The Emperor roared 

"You never bothered to act like a brother nor a son since you had that woman, but now you want to mention that you're my brother?  When I'm defending my best friend? Just continue to act like me and mom don't exist like you did for the past five years and stay like that in the future." The Grand Princess sneered as she went back outside.

Seeing the Grand Princess go, the emperor slid back in his seat and rubbed his temple. He knew he was not the nicest to his family but did they really have to treat him like this? For an outsider? Seeing how his mother and sister treated him, how will his father treat him when he comes back? 

                                                     Back to the Empress

The empress hurried and changed his clothes, his belly was already big. Even though he was only five months the bump was already this big, then imagine when he was eight months? The maid shuddered at the thought, but the empress looked pretty happy with his bump.

Knowing that it was his family that was coming Lui Quiaqio didn't overdress, he put on a simple light purple hanfu, he didn't even put on makeup. After dressing himself up he went to his hall, and sta on the throne, and waited for his family.

After a few minutes, the maid announced his family. All his twelve siblings came so there were a lot of people. Only his father was missing since he was at the northern border. He tried to look strong but he couldn't. He hasn't seen the family that doted on him, that loved him all his life, for three years all because he was so stupid.

"We greet your majesty the empress may the empress live for ten thousand years and ten thousand more." The Liu family greeted as they bowed.

"Mom! Mother!," The empress barely managed to croak out as he ran to his mothers' embraces crying. He was somewhat scared about rejection but his impulses got the best of him.