Banquet

After the emotional scene at the dowager's place, the week before the banquet was pretty peaceful. The empress gave Noble lady Yun the task to help her prepare the banquet, and the grand princess also offered her help. In this week the three best friends were inseparable, the people of the palace of course were happy that the girls were mending their relationship. 

The princess also looked very happy designing dresses with her mother, even though his majesty did most of the work he still spoiled and pampered her children. The princess started being a little more outspoken, though it was just asking the maids for food, or water it was still better than previously, the princess was so shy she rather served herself rather than ask for food.

The prince was the same as always, except for the occasional smiles and the fact that he looked more approachable. He was still at the top of his classes but for some reason, he was even smarter after the empress took his tutoring into his own hands.

Tao'er was the same, but every now and then he would ask for his hair to be cut short. They thought the empress would immediately disagree but he told Tao'er that when he turns twelve he could cut it short. Nobody knew the reason for this request nor the fact the empress accepted it.

Princess Yingtai Niu, the daughter of Noble Lady Yun was also pampered, the empress would always send expensive gifts to the little princess and Noble lady Yun. The Grand Princess was not outdone, for she sent over expensive jades, jewelry, and hairpins almost every day. So in all the week went by very peacefully.

The day of the banquet finally arrived, and you could see maids and eunuchs running back in forth in the palace it was truly busy. The empress was ordering what should be done or not and was checking the food, the empress was sweating from running back and forth.

It was already afternoon when preparation was finished and people started to arrive, so the empress went to change his clothes along with his children's. The empress said she would dress herself and her children, and nobody opposed knowing the talent the empress had, but they were still in awe when the empress walked out with her children.

The empress was wearing a red hanfu, the hanfu was embroidered with realistic red flowers, his hair was laid flat, and brushed to both sides of his head, then his hair at the front was laid on the side on his face with curves, his hair was filled with real flowers. He really looked ethereal with the bold color on, it made him look even fairer and brought out his feature, in addition with his white hair? it was like the color was made for him, plus nobody has seen this kind of hairstyle or hair before, he truly deserved the title of art genius of the century.

The kids were also very well dressed, the second princess was wearing a cute red and orange hanfu, while the crown prince was wearing was rearing a white hanfu embroidered with golden patterns, while the third price was wearing a golden and white hanfu.

Seeing the beautiful hanfus of the empress and his children so beautiful they couldn't wait to see the other dresses of Noble Lady Yun, her daughter, and the grand princess that the empress made.

 At the banquet......

In the large hall, many low tables were set and many people were already seated and drinking, the room was loud with whispers. The room was divided into two sides for the young people who were yet to be wed, but husbands and wives were all seating together.

'Have you heard about the rumors' whispered a man to his friends.

'Yes, I heard that the empress is no longer foolishly in love with the emperor' whispered another one.