Reunions

As the empress walked gracefully everybody on the way was mesmerized how could somebody be so pretty? How could somebody be that perfect?  They never hated the empress, How could they? The empress was the most pitiful person in the whole palace. The empress was always nice and orderly, when he became the crown princess he still laughed freely and smiled at them. It was after the emperor did everything to him that he changed slowly, How could he not? If a person didn't change after that much then they wouldn't be human. He didn't want to change but the emperor and that concubine basically forced him to change, almost pushing him to the brink of insanity. So you can't tell how happy they were when the empress went back to his old self.

"This servant greets her majesty." Said all the maids on the way of the Empress Dowager's Palace.

"Li Dani make sure to reward all the servants in the palace today," Declared the empress with a gentle smile on his face.

"Yes, your Majesty."Responded Li Dani respectfully.

After the brief conversation, the maid could barely contain their smiles and thanked the empress in unison. The empress continued to walk toward Empress Dowager's palace. After a twenty-five-minute walk, they finally reached the palace of the Empress Dowager palace. Immediately seeing the empress coming their way, they went to report to the Empress dowager.

"The Empress has arrived!" Announced the old eunuch loudly when the empress reached the gates.

After he was announced the empress entered the hall where the usually stern Empress Dowager was seated on the master chair with a gentle expression on her face. After seeing the gentle forty-year-old lady he treated horribly for three years, tears welled in his eyes and he immediately ran to the Empress' dowager's embrace and cried. Normally this would be a surprising event to people but that was not the case for these servants.

They all know how much the Empress Dowager doted on the empress ever since he was a child. The Empress Dowager, The first wife, and the second wife of the general's mansion were best friends through their youth and adulthood. When the first wife gave birth to the youngest and last child of the general's mansion, the empress who at that time was eight months pregnant with the first princess took a carriage to the general's mansion despite knowing the dangers to see the baby.

As told in the stories the Empress immediately fell in love with the baby and didn't want to go back and the baby was also attached to the empress, so the emperor had to come and get his wife and even ended up with a few scratches during the attempt of separating them. So after the empress gave birth to the princess she visited often with the princess. The Princess and Liu Quiaqio grew up together and became best of friends along with Yun Shi the Di daughter of the Minister of Crimes mansion.

All these relationships were ruined the moment Liu Quiaqio married the prince. His friendship, his family relationship, and his noble reputation among the nobility, but his reputation among the main wives remained sacred because they could understand his pain more than anybody else.

They still remembered when the relationship between the empress and empress dowager became frigid. It was a huge dispute but they could never bring themselves to hate the empress after they how desperate and heartbroken he was.

'How could he that?! I will find this useless son of mine and teach him a lesson! just go warm yourself inside okay Liu'er? You came here wearing so little clothes.' Said the empress dowager worried.

'No! Empress mother you are useless! This is our third child and he also didn't name it, just like the others!'Yelled the paled face empress barefoot in the snow.

'I told you many times before you married him, my child, that an unrequited love is not easy, but you insisted, and seeing these actions I think you should take your heart back.' stated the empress dowager with tears in her eyes.

'You don't get it Empress mother! When you give someone your whole heart and they don't want it, it's over! You can't take it back!' Screamed the empress with tears streaming down his face as he crouched in the snow holding his chest his eyes filled with unimaginable pain. 'I mean he could at least pretend to like me for appearance's sake' The empress chuckled desperately while looking at the sky.

"A broken heart is far better than a false reality you wish was true." Said the empress dowager with a sad expression on her face.

After their painful dispute, the empress never came to see the empress dowager again, maybe out of anger or shame but one thing they all know is that both of them missed each other, and seeing them both huggings in tears proves that. After fifteen minutes of crying The empress and Empress, dowager started talking.

"Aiya, mother knows you felt ashamed but you did not even visit mother once in three years." Said the empress in a helpless tone full of doting.

"Mother knows I like to save face." Said the empress with a pout not minding the rules he had to follow as royal.

"Mother knows," Said the empress with endless doting in her voice.

After the tearful reunion the empress and empress dowager spent hours catching up, every now and then you would hear the sound of laughter. The kids also interacted with their grandmother,  especially Tao'er who just knew he had a grandmother, and he appeared to love this grandmother very much. The grandmother also loved Tao'er who was incarnate of the empress. This sweet moment however was interrupted by the gate being arguably kicked.

"You brazen ger you still have the face to visit mother!" Yelled a beautiful woman who seemed to be in her twenties with an angry expression on her face, but the tears in her eyes betrayed her face.

"Oh, I was waiting for you princess! How dare you, a princess be so rude to the empress hmm? should I punish you?" Asked the empress causing everyone around to look at them with amusement.

"I missed you witch," Said the princess with tears in his eyes.

"I missed you too, you wench," Chuckled the empress the rims of his eyes were already red.

Question of the day.

"What's your favorite food?"