꧁1꧂

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Fast taps on the wooden floor of their home.

Hard panting as she ran from the man that she used to think of as her loving husband.

"*pant*"

It seemed like a nightmare and Y/n wished it were one, wished that she'd wake up and find herself in bed in her husband's arms, but sadly it was all reality.

Flash back
𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Today was like any other day, I had woken up from my husband's embrace and went to the small makeshift wash pond that was behind our home, making sure to clean myself thoroughly.

Then after that I would go into the kitchen to find my husband cooking breakfast while flashing me a quick smile.

"WAIT NO *shrieks of pain*"

A normal day it was, and as always I would give my offerings and thanks to my guides and ancestors but this time I had an urge to write in my journal. I usually did this at the end of the day before bed but there was no harm in writing now.

As I wrote a random short story it seemed as though it was a message, as if the chirping of birds were whispers of warnings of something or someone near.

"What are you writing beautiful?" My husband James asked as he placed my breakfast in front of me.

"I don't know to be honest, I just had a feeling to write" I said as I handed him the journal.

As James read, it seemed like he was having a moment of realization.

"HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT HIM?!"

James had looked up from the journal with a weird look before giving it back to me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked "no no everything is fine, I uh just don't feel well" '*whispers* run' .

"oh really? I could work the cart for today while you rest" I suggested "are you sure?" "Yes, plus I think you deserve some rest anyways" I said with a small smile.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
After Y/n grabbed the baskets of vegetables and herbs, she had kissed James goodbye before leaving the house.

As soon as James heard the door shut he had grabbed Y/n's journal before running off to his study.

"She-she couldn't have known" James said frantically as he read through every page, each one about the exact god James was trying to contact.

For years James has been fascinated with gods. He thought of them as idols, but one god he definitely looked up to was Sukuna.

Sukuna, the god of death and secrets, each book saying that any of his secrets could scramble a weak willed humans mind and turn them to insanity.

James however thought his will to be strong and has spent years on trying to gain contact to Sukuna and at least hear one secret.

Besides his deep fascination, James also looked at his wife in pure admiration, thinking of her as a goddess on earth thanks to her beautifuly from her curves, hair, and down to her smart mouth and quick remarks.

Y/n definitely had James hooked, but James's love for her also faltered in the thought of Sukuna and gaining something from the unknown.

After reading Y/n's journal, James had gotten the wrong idea on the situation at hand.

"So that's it, if you want her then I'll happily offer her" James said as he quickly stood from his chair, knocking it down as he walked to the kitchen, grabbing the largest knife he could find before walking around speaking nonsense to himself as he waited for his unsuspecting wife to come home.

As James was preparing himself for the "sacrifice" he'd make to Sukuna, Y/n was having a bad feeling in her gut.

"Wow your purple dress is beautiful" an old woman who regularly came to the cart said to Y/n.

"Oh thank you, it's one of my favorites" Y/n said as she played around with the leg slit of her dress and fixed the deep v cut to sit perfectly between her breasts, showing off the gold jewelry she wore.

Y/n always felt like a goddess when wearing purple, it was the color of dynasty and wealth.

Obviously with James not being there, Y/n had to deal with the creepy village men who had a "problem" with the dress which Y/n just made a snarky remark before returning to the cart.

"Don't you think that's to revealing? I'm sure your husband would hate it" a man said "well considering the last time I worth the dress he bought me multiple gold rings and then took me home to have a fun night in bed, I'm sure he doesn't mind" Y/n said with a fake sweet smile as the man awkwardly walked away.

As times passed, Y/n decided to close up shop for the day and make her way home, not suspecting what was waiting at home for her.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 838